Topic: Looking for a bike shop recommendation in East...

Posted on: 22nd Mar 2017 7:52 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi,

I am newly back to Singapore after being overseas for a while. I am looking to put a bike together with some existing items I acquired (Frame, fork, some gearing), but want some wheels built and the bike finished.

Can anyone please advise on a local bike shop that with friendly staff who willing offer good advice to someone not so technical?

I stay in Joo Chiat, so a shop located in east is preferred.

Thanks.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Mar 2017 8:40 PM    Quote and Reply

a plentiful of LBS around east coast rd and other eastern areas. sadly the one of the oldest 81 years LBS in joo chiat rd had already closed down for business. what sort of bike type u wanna built up???

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Mar 2017 8:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the reply, I want to put together an all-road bike, Reynolds steel frame which will be used for commuting and touring OS at some stage. I'm not looking for a lean racing machine rather than a well considered ride with a focus on comfort.

Wheel wise my frame can run road & gravel tire widths, and I'd like to try a wheelset like Stans NoTube Grails.

In regards to shop location East is good, but staff attitude is more important...willing to travel (within reason) for the right one..

Thanks,  

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Mar 2017 10:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Reynolds make good quality steel. Hope u find a LBS which suit your requirement needs.

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Mar 2017 10:56 AM    Quote and Reply

I can only recommend Atittude Bike on Telok Kurau next to the hospital. Eventhough I didn't buy a bike there, Walter takes care of my bike in a timely and speedy maner. And since he is open from late afternoon to late evening it's very convenient as well.

http://www.attitudebikes.com.sg/

just signed up to togoparts to post this : says a lot ..

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Mar 2017 8:02 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Rancho: Hi,

I am newly back to Singapore after being overseas for a while. I am looking to put a bike together with some existing items I acquired (Frame, fork, some gearing), but want some wheels built and the bike finished.

Can anyone please advise on a local bike shop that with friendly staff who willing offer good advice to someone not so technical?

I stay in Joo Chiat, so a shop located in east is preferred.

Thanks.

"

Integrated Cycling at Koon Send Road is the best, well stocked, friendly and good technical knowledge. 

Check them out. 

Regular Forumer
1,144 posts
Forum Rep: 24

Riding:
Posted on: 28th Mar 2017 7:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the feedback. I will look at both of your suggestions.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings