Topic: Road bike full service at north area with reasonable price?

Posted on: 9th May 2016 3:04 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, I got a roadie and want to do a full servicing. I live at north area (Woodlands), I found that full servicing price is range from $120-150 here, issit reasonable price? (coz I feel it is quite expensive)

Can recommend any bike shop that do full service with less than $100 near north area? CCK, Sembawang, Yishun also can.

Thanks all.
Regular Forumer
43 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 9th May 2016 11:22 AM    Quote and Reply

If they strip it all down and clean it all up and put it all back together $120 to $150 is not ridiculous for 3 or 4 hours work in my opinion, it only works out at $30+ per hour. Given the ludicrous cost of shop space and the like in SG it is OK.

It is is worth spending $400 to 500 ish and getting yourself a repair stand and some tools and learning how to do it yourself, we have 6 bikes in our house. My tools paid for themselves within 6 months, I also get plenty of free beers for loaning them out and helping buddies maintain or upgrade their bikes.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 9th May 2016 10:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Its around that price. By the way, they also replace ALL your bowen cables. hence if u see it that way its about  $80 (workmanship, time & bike washing) + $70 (cables, lubrication & bike cleaner ). still pretty good vs u spend on those indidviual stuff.

of course some shops even offer higher price which includes wheel hub bearing servicing & trueing for both wheels

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th May 2016 12:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Try Cheap John's near Sembawang Shopping Center.

Lor Sor Forumer
433 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th May 2016 2:16 PM    Quote and Reply

Bikelink has 2 shops.

One in Yishun the other in Woodlands

I go to the one in Yishun
926 Yishun Central 1, 760926
6756 4481

Regular Forumer
91 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th May 2016 1:10 PM    Quote and Reply

decided send to bikelink2 for full servicing, not sure if they will replace my cable for freethanks all

Regular Forumer
43 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 11th May 2016 2:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by weelit: decided send to bikelink2 for full servicing, not sure if they will replace my cable for freethanks all"

Usually/normally/typically does not include free cable changes for full servicings. Yes, then pay extra fees for it as they are additional cost.

Regular Forumer
1,342 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Sep 2018 3:11 PM    Quote and Reply

im a home shop based in punggol, roadie servicing is $100(replace cables add $45), interested parties whatsapp 98653531 for more info

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Login to see your Forum Rankings