Topic: Where to buy cycling apparel?

Posted on: 22nd Nov 2015 6:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys, I'm new here!

I recently just bought a road bike and am extremely excited to get started. Problem is - I don't know where I can get padded cycling shorts, gloves and cycling shirts! I have searched CRC(extremely expensive even during Black Friday sales) and Qoo10(takes too long to ship from China) but both are not ideal..

So, my question is: Is there anywhere locally that offers affordable but good cycling apparel/gear that isn't extremely overpriced? For some reason, I've been warned to stay away from Rodalink by a few people.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Cheers,
Cotton

Freshie Forumer
5 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2015 8:11 PM    Quote and Reply

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sg/en/funkier-7-panel-basic-shorts-aw15/rp-prod89671 never used this brand before but still pretty reasonable

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2015 11:42 PM    Quote and Reply

any Large bicycle shops like RAD station, tay junction, bike settlement...etc. But the best of course is overseas with reputable online shops like chain reaction cycles, jenson...etc. But do take note of factoring in the shipping charge.

Rodalink is offering some stuff at discount in their year end sale. some of their stuff sometimes are priced cheaper when compared to other shops. But u have to do your homework online for comparisons for the brand or type that u are intrested in. 

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 23rd Nov 2015 1:04 AM    Quote and Reply

http://www.velovelocycle.com/
You can buy online or drop by the shop at midview city. Not cheap but definitely good quality. Sometimes there's 30% off storewide for Morvelo products.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Nov 2015 10:06 AM    Quote and Reply

@jes205 - I ordered that along with the Funkier jersey before I even posted this as they were the only ones I can find that were reasonably priced, but I was looking for more designs. Thanks anyway!

@albatross - Thanks! Jenson has a lot of stuff that's worth looking at. I'll also check out the LBS to compare the prices. Hopefully the shipping isn't too expensive!

@cartmann79 - I recently looked through their website but it's very poorly done and it's almost impossible to find stuff on there. Guess I'll take a look at their physical store. Thank you!

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Nov 2015 6:02 PM    Quote and Reply

Have you tried Amazon/Ebay? Sometimes the prices are better than CRC/Wiggle/Evans.....

For instance, my latest purchase is a LG glove that costs USD20 (includes shipping to SG) from Amazon.

Link:http://www.amazon.com/Louis-Garneau-Cycling-Gloves-X-Large/dp/B004IYY1H2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448272813&sr=8-5&keywords=road+cycling+glove

Regular Forumer
23 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
1) Merry
Posted on: 24th Nov 2015 9:25 AM    Quote and Reply

@TooT80 - It never occurred to me to use Amazon for cycling stuff, just bought an LG glove that was on sale myself! I usually only buy electronics from Amazon. Thanks for reminding me!

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Nov 2015 3:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Jet hobby in Ubi Vertex bike stuffs is fairly reasonable priced I find.

Try visit them as I bought few stuffs all at reasonably cost but dont expect top notch italian qualities though I would not say low end quality as well...

Happy shopping.........................

Regular Forumer
24 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 25th Nov 2015 9:02 AM    Quote and Reply

@XC90 - Thank you, I will go and check out the shop soon

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Nov 2015 1:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Personally bought from CRC and Taobao before. 

Bought a Funkier shorts from CRC. quality definitely better compared to those taobao ones.

Taobao wise if you want better quality stuff u need to search for slightly more expensive PRC brands instead of replicas. Recently bought a brand Jakroo through taoabao the quality not bad.

locally i saw wheeler's yard selling Funkier at $50 per piece(saw last sunday). Size wise i find Funkier more ang mo sizing as compare to china sizing. the cutting for the shorts i bought from CRC is slightly bigger.

Regular Forumer
45 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th Oct 2017 5:15 AM    Quote and Reply

Try Classiccycling.com they offer great discounts at reasonable prices. Bought some items from them.

Freshie Forumer
9 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings