Topic: FUNN Big Bertha hub spacers - 20mm thru axle

Posted on: 27th Sep 2015 11:14 AM    Quote and Reply

As the title suggests, I'm trying to find the front hub spacers for the 20mm thru axle. The guy I bought the bike from had some home-made poorly fitting spacers on one side and none on the left!

I've contacted FUNN directly but have yet to hear back from them. The only other place I can find on the internet is this Hungarian bike shop (http://ebike.hu/products/wheel/hub-parts/axle-adapter/15702_noname-funn-big-bertha-spacer/) but they seem kind of sketchy.

Worst case I can have a friend machine a pair on his lathe, but was going to try that as a very last option as the cost will be more than buying a pre-made set.

Anyone know where I can get a set of front hub spacers?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 2nd Oct 2015 6:26 PM    Quote and Reply

*UPDATE*

Since it is over 10 years old, the Taiwan company that bought over FUNN has no documentation or any tech specs on the hub, but told me that the length of the thru-axle was 110mm (gee thanks).

By carefully measuring the contact surfaces on the hub and the fork, and both the widths as well as shaft (axle) itself, I came up with the following specs:

I.D. 20mm
O.D. 25mm (but not over 26 as it will not fit into the fork legs)
Length/Width 10mm

So I just went down to the local metal shop and asked for an inch-thick pipe, with an I.D. similar to what I needed and machined it down on a lathe.

Took 20 mins and $4 for the aluminium pipe. I can now use my front wheel and fork again

Freshie Forumer
4 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings