Topic: Bike shops with large collection of Tern

Posted on: 13th Feb 2015 4:21 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Guys, pretty newbie here.

Recently started to do halfway commuting home->work->home by cycling. Currently using a low cost aleoca which I got from Giant for ~100.

I went to mybikeshopsg at westcoast, very friendly staff, tried a few model (tern verge n8, linkd8 and b7 , dahon falco) and loving the verge n8 but the price is a bit steep at $1099. Not so sure whether it is a good investment, need some advise on any alternative

Would like to upgrade to a better bike and to train my cycling fitness as well. Distance covered is ~ 10km one way..... 

Planning to do dualthlon next year, got a bit bored running marathon all the time  hahaha

Thanks in advance :) 
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Feb 2015 5:39 PM    Quote and Reply

What other bikes have you tried before? Ever consider a hybrid for your commute?
Definitely a better deal compare to a foldie if you don't need the folding part.

Regular Forumer
21 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Feb 2015 5:08 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Snowcrash,

I have tried Dahon falco, verge n8, link d8/ b7, vert v8, brompton and java fit16.
My oldie foldie is Aleoca Esecuzion. 

Brompton is way out of my budget, at best I will drop $1k max....

Non foldie is not possible for me as I commute half public transport half cycling to work and back.
Some part nearer to the kent ridge such as south buona Vis, I felt a bit too dangerous for newbie like me.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings