Topic: Any local shop carries a) fenders and b) Ortlieb products?

Posted on: 4th Sep 2014 9:39 AM    Quote and Reply

For A), I'm not talking about the utliitarian but fugly MTB stuff, but nice chrome, s/steel or (yum!) hammered fenders for 700c bikes with the requisite mounts and eyelets.

And for B), who are the local distributors/retailers?

Thanks! 
Lor Sor Forumer
57 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 4th Sep 2014 9:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Ortlieb and Tubus racks you can get from Fall Factor at Alexandra village  - they have a pretty good selection there

Fenders are for girls - so I wouldn't know (TR may have stuff like that you can try them)

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 4th Sep 2014 12:01 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Zappadeedoohdah: 

Fenders are for girls"

Don't listen to him. Fenders are great. Use them and be glad that your drivetrain and clothes stay clean.

Regular Forumer
276 posts
Forum Rep: 10

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 4th Sep 2014 5:04 PM    Quote and Reply

TR Bikes should also carry Ortliebe or they did a few years back when I last visited.

Regular Forumer
599 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 4th Sep 2014 5:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Not anymore it was lynton that sent me to fall factor

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 4th Sep 2014 8:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Fall factor only carry the common ortlieb bags. I went there before to buy my recumbent 54 litre recumbent bag but they do not stock it. Ordering from fall factor to import it is more expensive than buying online from thetouringstore.com in US. To get ortlieb bags, I would recommend ordering it online from thetouringstore.

If you are looking for full mudguard/fenders with metal stays and eyelets I would recommend SKS mudguard. Hup Leong was the distributer on SKS website. However when I went there to check, they actually no longer distribute SKS mudguard for many years already. I ordered mine online from amazon.com. The stays will be longer than required so you have to get a grinder to cut the stainless steel stays to the correct length and install it yourself. I DIY the installation myself. Speaking from personal experience, a full guard will keep your frame dry even when you speed though wet ground. It is truly amazing.

One more tip, if your front fork do not have mounting screw holes for the stays you need to get a P-clamp to wrap around your front fork to mount the stays. You can buy P-clamp from RS Component. Hope the above info helps. 

Regular Forumer
343 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings