Topic: Anyone bought from www.bikebug.com before?

Posted on: 10th Aug 2014 8:05 AM    Quote and Reply

Are they ok? Some of their price are low. Like the Garmin Edge. The Edge 1000 is cheaper than Edge 810 from other website.

Regular Forumer
194 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Aug 2014 10:59 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by tanwin72: Are they ok? Some of their price are low. Like the Garmin Edge. The Edge 1000 is cheaper than Edge 810 from other website.

"

Yes, they are good. Competitive prices but their courier's service, Toll, is crap. And they are one of the better online shops to get Speedplay pedals too.

Have a safe & enjoyable ride!

Regular Forumer
721 posts
Forum Rep: 36

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Aug 2014 11:12 AM    Quote and Reply

They are legit but AUD600 for an Edge 1000 doesn't seem super cheap to me- it is unit only. that's about S$700, I paid S$625 for an 810 bundle from Parisilk.
I looked at the Edge 1000 when I replaced my stolen 800 a few weeks back and I wasn't super impressed.
Firstly it is considerably bigger than the 810 and the 810 is already on the upper limits for me on size for bar mount stuff. I don't bar mount my Iphone I carry it in an arm band
Secondly the added functionality is not worth it in my case - I don't need to send real time data via an Iphone to Strava etc end of ride download is fine. I don't really give a shit what gear I am in as long as it is the right one! so the comms with Di2 are pretty meaningless. Plus it doesn't have really usefull features like bike profile that the 810 has.

About the only selling point was the higher res screen but for my needs the 810 with OSM works perfectly well enough and not sure how that will effect battery life - the rest of it seemed a bit gimmicky to be honest

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Login to see your Forum Rankings