Topic: 20" tires and wheelsets for folding bikes

Posted on: 16th Mar 2014 10:15 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all,

Been researching concerning the above and would want to ask the following:

1.0.  Where to get Shwalbe Durano 20" tires? Preferred with yellow sidewalks type.

2.0.  What brand and model for fast rolling but good puncture resistant 20" tires?

3.0.  Has anyone tried using the "wheel sport power D design AL6061-T6 rim 20"/406/451
        Wheelset?" Depth is 24mm and weights at only 1192g a pair.

4.0.   Where to get these locally?

Also, I have  seen the controltech carbon 20" Wheelset and initially thought that it's supposed to
be lighter than its alloy counterpart but actually were heavier.  Damping characteristics? Well maybe 
but it's the weight that supposedly makes it an attractive upgrade. 

Ok ok that's it.

aporeciate your replies.

Lor Sor Forumer
995 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Mar 2014 9:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by hamsterchick:

Hi all,

Been researching concerning the above and would want to ask the following:

1.0.  Where to get Shwalbe Durano 20" tires? Preferred with yellow sidewalks type.

2.0.  What brand and model for fast rolling but good puncture resistant 20" tires?

3.0.  Has anyone tried using the "wheel sport power D design AL6061-T6 rim 20"/406/451
        Wheelset?" Depth is 24mm and weights at only 1192g a pair.

4.0.   Where to get these locally?

Also, I have  seen the controltech carbon 20" Wheelset and initially thought that it's supposed to
be lighter than its alloy counterpart but actually were heavier.  Damping characteristics? Well maybe 
but it's the weight that supposedly makes it an attractive upgrade. 

Ok ok that's it.

aporeciate your replies.

"

Schwalbe tyre can be bought from amazon online. Good puncture resistant and good rolling 20" tyre I would recommend the touring type, Marathon Greenguard. 

Regular Forumer
343 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 6th May 2014 2:56 PM    Quote and Reply

2.0 I have Maxxis Miracle on my bike and it is the thickest tire i have ever had.

Regular Forumer
149 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings