Topic: Best wheel truing shop/mechanic? In need.

Posted on: 18th Nov 2015 11:14 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by photographer: I provide wheel trueing at East side from $10 per wheel (island wide pick up and delivery $10) , this include radial , lateral and tension setting
there will be no express service as i am doing this as a passion with a token , wheel building service from $20 , normal stainless steel spokes $0.80 per pcs colour spokes $0.90 subjected to my supplier avaliabilty
Rebuilding wheel set mean if u want to change your hub of the same using old spokes and rim charges from $30 excluding nipple replacement Do contact me on whatsapp 97895334 Peter reply can be late at time as i work on shift"

prices have change do contact for more update

Certified DT swiss wheel builder & UBI certified whatsapp 97895334
https://www.facebook.com/wheelconcept/
Regular Forumer
238 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Nov 2015 5:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Recently sent my wheelset to Photographer for some truing & tuning. He did a great job I must say. 

Freshie Forumer
5 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Nov 2015 11:55 PM    Quote and Reply

Thank you for the support, my reply via WhatsApp can be slow or late either I am on the bike or busy at work , sorry for the inconvience

Ride safe guys

Regular Forumer
238 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Jul 2016 3:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Thank you for the feedback ,do check out my FB page on custom wheel building

Regular Forumer
238 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Mar 2017 8:09 AM    Quote and Reply

Want to share my recent experience. Bought an HED Ardennes plus LT on sale on CC and it came on a Saturday - fitted  this on my road Focus Cayo Alu frame with a 28mm to improve my ride for training.

The frame can barely fit a 28mm with just a mere 1-2mm clearance on each side of chainstays but the ride is very comfortable. However the wheel was not true and was hitting the chainstays and the shifting was bad.

After checking togoparts forums and internet, contacted a number of bike shops and wheel builders on a Sunday for truing and no one really available to confirm. Managed to get hold of Peter and was kind enough to accomodate me and finished the job on a Sunday in two hours!! I did not expect this to be completed that soon as Peter had set the expectation that it will take time and there is no waiting time. Great service! Peter showed me his wheelset building equipment and demonstrated that the wheelset was still true but the tensions on the spokes where not even - and this could cause the wheel to go out of true when weight (body/bike) is applied causing it to wobble and not shift well.

After 2-3 hours work, the wheelset was dead true and stiff - the 1-2mm clearance was consistent all throughout the revolution and the tire was no longer hitting the chainstays and shifting smoothly without adjusting the derailleurs. Perfect truing skills.

I did a 75km cycle on the new tire and can't reiterate enough a good set of wheelset to transform your bike. Its like I am now riding a good quality carbon frame with road buzz significantly reduced. My usual 75-100km rides leaves my upper body aching from the road buzz but now I feel more relaxed.

Saw Peter's Venn carbon rims and will consider building a carbon wheelset in the future using his services. A quality wheelset build can go a long way in terms of safety and enjoying the ride. Thanks Peter for the excellent and fast track service!

Thanks also to Togoparts forum for sharing reliable wheelbuilders in Singapore. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Mar 2017 9:57 AM    Quote and Reply

My last 2 wheelset were built by Peter.  To make the story simple, im 130kg. Brought my bike to Bromo, kiara amongst many trails.  Had many falls, i've broken my swing arm, dropper, cracked linkages etc but never once did the wheels go out of true.  Thats a testament to Peter's work. Will never go to another wheel builder.  Kudos Peter for the excellent job.  Nice and friendly chap too! 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Mar 2017 4:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys

any idea on the tolerance that you consider as a trued wheel?

Regular Forumer
68 posts
Forum Rep: 10

Riding:
Posted on: 9th Mar 2017 10:07 AM    Quote and Reply

Formerly posted by SeyKai: Hi guys

any idea on the tolerance that you consider as a trued wheel?[/QUOTE

for a new set of built wheel tolerance on lateral and radial is should be within 0.25mm

for wheel with brake wall tolerance 0.50mm-0.75mm

spoke tolerance to rim manufacturer specfication

no wheel will last forever unless you leave it in the show case

every roll with rider on bike is a cycle to spokes stress every pound for pound you pump

hard on your pedal is a stress to spokes crank to chain to hub torsion twist to hub and spokes

spokes do wear out

Regular Forumer
238 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Mar 2017 7:57 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the reply . another question - does more yielding spoke material e.g titanium or aluminium gives better ride comfort without the brake rub ?

Regular Forumer
68 posts
Forum Rep: 10

Riding:
Posted on: 17th Mar 2017 10:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Peter is a champion wheel builder, I have had him tune all of my wheels and he really gets new life into them. I just got him to build a new set for me with Onyx Hubs.

After I go back to Australia I am trying to work out how I can bring my wheels back to SG for him to work on.

Wheels are something you are putting all your weight on (70+kg including bike) traveling 30-50km/h you want to go with someone you trust + trust there skills as your life is in their hands.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Merckx
Login to see your Forum Rankings