Topic: hup Leong bike shop comment

Posted on: 9th Sep 2015 1:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Good service..i went there to browse  road bikes there was given very good service by wan( the malay guy with the tatoo) in the end i bought my merida ride 300 there,  yet the good services continued as he gave me some tips painstakenly measured 3 times my inseam. I went there a few times to windowshop and yet gilbert talked to me and gave me good tips despite not buying. All in all, the best bike shop i ever went to

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Sep 2015 3:55 PM    Quote and Reply

Bought my Jamis from HL a few years ago.

When choosing the size, auntie said "I look at your size and I can tell you that you can get size 17. I tried 15" and 17", and told her that 15" feels more comfy, but she insists that I should get 17". I still regretted buying the 17" despite changing the head stem to a shorter and raised type.

For my next ride, i will check out other shops to compare.

Regular Forumer
84 posts
Forum Rep: 6

Riding:
Posted on: 16th Sep 2015 4:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kevin301:

Quote:
"Formerly posted by thomasnlb: Not so friendly shop."

care to elaborate? :)

My opinion of them is neither too positive nor negative.
They are located fairly conveniently for me, however as I would normally DIY repair/service my bike, I've not had to use their services.
What I like about them is that so far none of their staff seem too pushy, yet are available to answer any queries. It's my personal preference to have sales staff that don't hound you repeatedly and shadow you all around the store.

"

The staffs are friendly but not the boss (man)...very impatient...

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Sep 2015 7:02 PM    Quote and Reply

Can anyone recommend a good and affordable bicycle shop in the east area? I stay at marine parade there

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Sep 2015 9:11 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Brandon_Tan: Can anyone recommend a good and affordable bicycle shop in the east area? I stay at marine parade there :)"

I would recommend Treknology, reliable & friendly.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Sep 2015 6:24 AM    Quote and Reply

HL is decent and they got more staffs now than last time.
aunty is the mum of Gilbert, if you need tech stuff, ask for Gil or Jon or any of thier staffs.

N+1 numbers of bikes.

6 road bikes + 8 Hard tail + 2 FS + 1 All Mountain + 1 Titanium... and counting.
Regular Forumer
68 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Posted on: 18th Sep 2015 10:39 AM    Quote and Reply

Don't be bother with the aunty as long as we can get a good deal. I use to buy things from uncle very long time ago when they are at Tiong Bahru (now known as Link Hotel). He is a very nice man. When I'm in HL just find what I want and ask John if I have any problem. They have mood swind, only depend on when or time. Hahahaha.

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Sep 2015 1:28 AM    Quote and Reply

Went to HL for some bike browsing last week. Overall experience was quite good. They don't have size for the bike I want but checked and found that they do have in the warehouse. Was told that those were reserved by their reseller. End up was directed by them to buy from reseller. Freebies wise not that many but understandable as their margin should not be as high as HL. Bought my bike during the week and I'm a happy man now. 

Regular Forumer
45 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Sep 2015 12:47 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by thomasnlb:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Brandon_Tan: Can anyone recommend a good and affordable bicycle shop in the east area? I stay at marine parade there :)"

I would recommend Treknology, reliable & friendly."

Thanks! I'm gonna check it out tomorrow

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Oct 2015 4:50 PM    Quote and Reply

want to ask anyone know that hup leong provide delivery services to house if purchase bike from HL? or any bike shop provide delivery services ?

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings