Topic: which bike shop shoud i go in the north?

Posted on: 24th Mar 2011 12:40 PM    Quote and Reply

clubsuit : LOL luhh pui eh....
kingofhd : Bikelink ain't bad as what you said .

Regular Forumer
53 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Mar 2011 2:02 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kingofhd: the other time I went to bikelink with my uncle's market bike to get the tube fixed, when they were serving me , they didn't seemed willing. and what dzai said was right. the people in bikelink shows the one kind of face. I'd advise you not to waste your time going down to bike link."

maybe u ask for free service? u go for bike service for go c ppl face?

XTENSION XPZ '10..

Regular Forumer
31 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Mar 2011 3:54 PM    Quote and Reply

It always takes two hands to clap. Whenever I hear unverified complaints about bikeshops, I always have to ask if that's the full story ?

I've been cycling for well over 15 years, and why is it that I never seem to get 'poor service' and 'bad attitude' from any of the bike shops I've been to ? ( that's like over 80% of the more 'popular top 30')

Be realistic in your expectations and be realistic in your outlook towards people. Be nice and people will be nice to you too. Be it bikeshop or otherwise, it will always be returned in kind.

Lor Sor Forumer
523 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Mar 2011 5:17 PM    Quote and Reply

+1

Regular Forumer
24 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Mar 2011 12:37 AM    Quote and Reply

+1, Maxxevv.

My legs are the pistons!
email: pistoncycle76@gmail.com
Old Salt Forumer
137 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Mar 2011 11:06 AM    Quote and Reply

Bro Maxxevv, I guess you only visit that few bikeshop in your life only. 

Although i do not have 15yrs of cycling at least i have around 10yrs from a BMX to DH now. I have many pleasant experience as well as many bad ones.. I do not want any bikeshop thrashing here as well. But i think since someone has comment is for Dzai to go and find out and ppl up here to know. Since he is new he should go to more bikeshop and see which bikeshop suit his taste. There should be no obligation for him to patronized which shop. 

Its true that it takes two hands to clap. But aren't the profit gainer be giving a reasonable service since the other is paying for it too?

Not everyone are Saint like what you mention. Visit more shops will make you vision wider. just my 2 cents =P

Regular Forumer
18 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Mar 2011 5:02 PM    Quote and Reply

my bikes are all hook up by bikelink.

zero problems there.

i saw an old uncle going there to change a tube on his rusty wheel and bikelink changed it without any fuss.

one guy was working on my carbon bike and another was changing tubes for a rusty wheel.

at least in my mind, they are ok.

give everyone a chance mate.

Regular Forumer
24 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th Mar 2011 12:47 PM    Quote and Reply

Bikelink is not bad. Got my first bike there and have since change to a new bike, but I still do most of the things at bikelink. Skills and quality of work no complaints.

If you sit down at bike shops and observe, a lot of times its the customer themselves who is provoking the shop owner. If you have your own method of repairing or servicing your bike, go home and do it yourself. If you give people rubbish, they will give the rubbish back to you. If you are nice, surely the shop owner will be nice to you too.

There is another bikeshop at Woodlands - Woodgrove 2nd Level. I think they are called cyclecycle. Have not done anything there yet, but chatted with them twice. They are really friendly.

As for cheapjohn and cyclewekz, go be your own judge.

REMEMBER, if you want good service, BE NICE.

Freshie Forumer
7 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Mar 2011 1:12 PM    Quote and Reply

bikelink is good, they are very knowledgeable. and their service fee quite cheap, it's usually $4 or $8. if u buy things from them, they will usually forgo the servicing charge.

dont go to cyclecycle @ woodgrove. their shop may look new, their staff may be friendly, but they are freakin expensive. chop carrot one. maybe their target customers are those angmohs living arnd there. the things they sell usually 20% more expensive than other places. and their service charge is $20 MINIMUM. got once i went there, hoping them to tune my front deraileur for me. they screw abit here and there, charge me freaking $20. and it's not perfectly tuned somemore. i went bikelink instead. $4 and it's working perfectly till now..

Regular Forumer
18 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Mar 2011 1:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Agee lah. BikeLink not bad! They are quite good actually. In terms of pricing and service standards.

Has purchased, and done many fittings there. No need to ask the for discount, it's given automatically. Leave them, the experts to do the job and they will know what to do.

I was surprise to read another post whereby somebody try to nit-pick and ask to compare them with some "aircon bikeshop". I can't figure out what has air-con got to do with the quality and service of bikeshops rendered.

Yes, BikeLink is currently my first choice!

Regular Forumer
758 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings