Topic: Has anyone bring any bikeshop to small claim tribunal before?

Posted on: 5th Sep 2013 10:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Consumer is KING!

Senior Forumer
58 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2014 2:27 AM    Quote and Reply

KH service standard like didn't improve much after all this while.. I sent my fox fork in for service last week, came out same problem. Rebound not working very well. Wasting my time. 

KH claimes they replaced the defective damper. I don't dispute that, but upon me asking, i think they did not tear down the fork for inspection. didn't even touch the dust seal. I'm not trying to challenge their mechanic. but i feel that kh should at least tear down everything to check the fork, or maybe even go the extra mile to clean my seals. I feel that KH is not very professional in this regard. Being the distributor for a prenium brand like fox this is disappointing.

i expect no mistakes on the repair work and better communication with customers. Certain things I should not be asking, the professionals should take initiatives to communicate. What if I'm a super newbie that don't even know how a fork works? There is a lack of follow up on after sale.

iHerb.com, $10 off order! - Discount code: DJV648
Regular Forumer
185 posts
Forum Rep: 48

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2014 7:01 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Extreme: Carbon does has its flaw, but I still like the way it absorb vibration. Not easily damage as one thought, so far all my carbon bike very durable. Still wondering how can cooperoh 'damage' his bike? If I throw a full assembled carbon bike from 2nd storey, that kind of damage would not have happened. I think even a 5 year old can tell the damage is done on a naked frame. Still feel damn sorry for cooperoh. Frankly I have stopped visitng bike shops too. On line is so much cheaper!

"
If seeing is believing, I had seen the fractured carbon fibre chain stays (no crash). I had seen the shattered carbon fibre wheelset (hit the road kerb). Some of us many also had seen photos of broken BB, and the likes.
So carbon fibre too expensive, especially if we are to consider our safety at stake.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts
Forum Rep: 43

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2014 7:02 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Extreme: Consumer is KING!"
Can know KING = ?

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2014 7:14 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by dextral: KH service standard like didn't improve much after all this while.. I sent my fox fork in for service last week, came out same problem. Rebound not working very well. Wasting my time. 

KH claimes they replaced the defective damper. I don't dispute that, but upon me asking, i think they did not tear down the fork for inspection. didn't even touch the dust seal. I'm not trying to challenge their mechanic. but i feel that kh should at least tear down everything to check the fork, or maybe even go the extra mile to clean my seals. I feel that KH is not very professional in this regard. Being the distributor for a prenium brand like fox this is disappointing.

i expect no mistakes on the repair work and better communication with customers. Certain things I should not be asking, the professionals should take initiatives to communicate. What if I'm a super newbie that don't even know how a fork works? There is a lack of follow up on after sale."
It reads like customers are expected to be fooled if they are newbies  Likewise, after LBS crankset upgrading, I found out the new chain length a few links too long . I had to go to another LBS (no chain breaker to DIY).

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jul 2014 7:22 AM    Quote and Reply

Hahaha newbie should be expected to be fooled at least once. Even experienced people can be fooled. this lbs said they can void my warranty if I didn't use this fancy park tool Hydraulic Piston Press to adjust my brake pad. He even showed me the park tool catalogue to convince me. I wanted to tell him, please go refer to shimano dealers' service manual. But I just kept quiet and smiled.

Regular Forumer
185 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Aug 2014 12:43 AM    Quote and Reply

I think my Fox fork case is getting interesting. A certain guy in KH stop replying to my email. since KH is not sincere, i have no reason to be courteous. I've since contacted a technical manager in Fox. His initial assessment of my fork is that its isdeed not working right. Now things are getting interesting.

Regular Forumer
185 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Aug 2014 1:05 AM    Quote and Reply

Hey RBC I've bust more aluminium than I have carbon and I ride a steel bike.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 11th Sep 2014 4:13 PM    Quote and Reply

This is a good case, I will post a similar incident when I bought a bike and the bikeshop give me a parts that is not on the specification. I complaint to the dealer but the dealer and the bikeshop I believe is the same owner have not reply to me and even when I call them they bully me to wait for the letter of their lawyer. I will post the whole story this coming weekend. THE BIKESHOP IS DAHONPRO.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Sep 2014 9:42 PM    Quote and Reply

i'm surprise they went the trouble wanting to go legal with you. My experience with 2 local distro so far ended with compromise after we talked things out. of course the relationship is soured. One method i use is to contact the manufacturer and get a manager to press the sg distro. But if that doesn't work and you think you really have a strong case, don't scared them you just go sue them. i give up on SG LBS already..  

Regular Forumer
185 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings