Topic: Has anyone bring any bikeshop to small claim tribunal before?

Posted on: 19th Mar 2011 11:11 AM    Quote and Reply

DIY is best.

Go steel...easy to work with.

With less than 20K...you can start build your own bike.

Regular Forumer
620 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 8th Apr 2011 7:16 AM    Quote and Reply

Go buy online. You will not believe the amount of $ you can save by buying online since S$ is pretty strong now. If need service, just go to the neighbour bike shop or diy yourself. How hard can it be? I also have all the servicing tools at home.

Why get piss off by those stuck up bike shops who mark up their products so high and yet provide suck service. Or worst like cooperoh, got cheated when KH Cycle refused to acknowledge responsiblility even the court points the finger at the KH Cycle.

Cooperoh, any apology or reomorse from the shop at all? Or they have moved on to prey on another prey?

Senior Forumer
58 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Apr 2011 11:26 AM    Quote and Reply

The photo of the crack area seems like happened when the frame is mounted on the workstand. With the front fork clamped & BB area resting on the stand. This can happened anytime from bike building, servicing or during cleaning of bike if no precaution measure is place at the BB area which is required to rest on the workstand.

Just a fair observation.

Regular Forumer
47 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Jun 2011 11:57 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Amor: The photo of the crack area seems like happened when the frame is mounted on the workstand. With the front fork clamped & BB area resting on the stand. This can happened anytime from bike building, servicing or during cleaning of bike if no precaution measure is place at the BB area which is required to rest on the workstand.
Thanks Amor for your observation.
I did present this scenairo to the referree too. As I have mentioned in my previous post, KH Cycles just refused to admit liability or whatsoever. Throughout, I have not point a finger and shouted to their face that they damaged the frame. All I want is for them to investigate what could have caused the damage and they simply refused to do so.

Is this customer service? How would anyone feel when you are treated this way? Mind you, before you make payment to purchase their goods, no doubt, you are king. After you made the purchase, you will know what happened. I believe a lot of bros out there agreed with me. So for those who want to still try them, go ahead. I have sacrificed a few thousand dollars and I am sharing my experience in this forum to that none will have to go through what I have gone through. A few thousand $ is no small sum.

Like I said before, for those who dun not believe me and want to see the documents that was presented during the Small Claim tribunal hearing, please feel free to contact me.

Regular Forumer
33 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Jun 2011 12:08 AM    Quote and Reply

Wow! After so long you are still talking about it man. KH Cycle must have hurt you deep deep.
Chill man!
Before I can relate to you. Service is very important nowaday. It is about time the lemon law comes into place. We the consumers are suffering while these businessman earn our hard earning money to drive big cars, build nice and big show room.
Have you ever see them donate a sum for the cause of road safety especially when drivers are out to kill us? So where is the few thousand dollar cooperoh lost? I guess, it is used to repair the damged frame which cooperoh return and sold it to another sucker! Ha ha!

Senior Forumer
58 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Jun 2011 1:03 AM    Quote and Reply

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Yeah I got a chain of bike shops T that I strongly discourage my friends to buy from.

Carbon bike buyers' best friend - pantyhose :0
What you do with it after, i really dun wanna know

Regular Forumer
220 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 15th Mar 2012 11:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Lemon law is finally out. Bad timing for you, copperoh.

Senior Forumer
58 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 4th Sep 2013 11:33 PM    Quote and Reply

Any one else has bad experience at KH Cylce? Heard the manager involved in the smal claim left KH Cycle, hmm is there something really wrong with KH Cycle?

Senior Forumer
58 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Sep 2013 1:45 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by fifufu: DIY is best.

Go steel...easy to work with.

With less than 20K...you can start build your own bike.

"
+1. Somehow I aways not impressed with carbon fibre. I know too much?

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts
Forum Rep: 44

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Sep 2013 10:26 PM    Quote and Reply

Carbon does has its flaw, but I still like the way it absorb vibration. Not easily damage as one thought, so far all my carbon bike very durable. Still wondering how can cooperoh 'damage' his bike? If I throw a full assembled carbon bike from 2nd storey, that kind of damage would not have happened. I think even a 5 year old can tell the damage is done on a naked frame. Still feel damn sorry for cooperoh. Frankly I have stopped visitng bike shops too. On line is so much cheaper!

Senior Forumer
58 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings