Topic: Has anyone bring any bikeshop to small claim tribunal before?

Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 5:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Extreme:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Mohican: Hi Cooperoh, Not doubting what you said and I am trying to understand the circumstances in an objective manner. A few questions for you: 1. What was the length of time that transpired between taking delivery and when you discovered the crack? 2. Why did you not insist for a replacement? Based on the situation described, I would have asked for that. Re the bike builder that helped you, I don't think you were being fair to him. Maybe you did not anticipate the consequences but if you were asking for an "independent" opinion, then the context should have been shared with the person."

Ya cooperoh, how long did Kian Hong tell you that you are allow to get back to them if there is anything wrong, especially for one to one exchange?
Carefour has 14 days, though someone i know abused it, but this kind of customer service makes everyone want to go back. Top class."

You will be surprised at my answer. Nothing. No mention on warranty, repacement policy, grace period, whatsoever. I have to ask how long is the warranty period myself or else these information is not offer to me. I was told 5 yrs, but website indicated 3 yrs. I brought this up at the hearing. Guess what?
One of them said is 3 yrs, the other said 5 yrs. One of them has to be correct on the exact term. What BS! KH Cycle own staff does not know the warranty period at finger tip and expect me to know.

All all future SCOTT buyer, if you die die want that latest PLASMA 3. Make sure you leave the shop with written contact of warranty and T&Cs. Why? During the hearing, I heard it for the 1st time, there is such thing as a grace period of 2-3 days for one to one exchange.

Was this highlighted and mention to me before I made payment? NO, after you paid, they can say whatever they like. Better learnt from my expensive lession.

Regular Forumer
33 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 5:02 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Yangster: Thats a pretty bad support from Scotts. 
I have good support from my bike manufacturer though.
My lynskey headbadge discoloured after maybe a few months(most prob due to washing). I bought it from GHC but I by-pass them and went straight to email Lynskey's Don Erwin. Without second thoughts or questioning, they replied to send me a new one and ask for my address and contacts. Within 2 weeks, the headbadge was sent to my house in a bubblewrap with the necessary tools and extra screws incase i lost them. All for free.
All they ask was my frame serial number.

Oh and another incident, before I got my frame. Ordered through GHC, and asked for a hand brushed finishing with etched logos. The order was then sent through GHC to Lynskey. After a few weeks, I was so dying to have the frame asap hence I asked GHC about the frame. GHC told me not yet arrive. I then emailed Lynskey to ask about hows the frame. They asked for my name and within a day, they manage to find my frame and took picture of it and sent it to me. I was amazed at the kind of support they give. They even give me the delivery order number so I can track it. 

Lynskey really take ownership of their brand and take pride in what they do. Kudos to them

"

You are squeezing my left ball.

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 5:03 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by cinelli99: Well....speaking of good customer service, Cinelli (Italy) has fantastic customer support. I had an old Cinelli Supercorsa Steel Frame. As I was trying to sell the 15 yo frame, discovered that one of the logos at the seat stay had dropped off. Probably due to age and the glue (if it was glue) corroding. Anyway, I contacted Cinelli directly through their website. They asked for some details (model, serial, colour, etc) and within a couple of weeks, they had sent me a set of 2 replacement logos (I had asked for only 1)! And at no cost to me at all even though postage was from Italy to Singapore! Great Customer Service!"

You are squeezing my right ball!

Please stop!!!

Why did I ever trust KH Cycle and SCOTT? How come no one mentioned their bad service in this forum before? Frankly I did perform a search before I made the pruchase.

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 5:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by cooperoh:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by cinelli99: Well....speaking of good customer service, Cinelli (Italy) has fantastic customer support. I had an old Cinelli Supercorsa Steel Frame. As I was trying to sell the 15 yo frame, discovered that one of the logos at the seat stay had dropped off. Probably due to age and the glue (if it was glue) corroding. Anyway, I contacted Cinelli directly through their website. They asked for some details (model, serial, colour, etc) and within a couple of weeks, they had sent me a set of 2 replacement logos (I had asked for only 1)! And at no cost to me at all even though postage was from Italy to Singapore! Great Customer Service!"

Please stop!!!

Why did I ever trust KH Cycle and SCOTT? How come no one mentioned their bad service in this forum before? Frankly I did perform a search before I made the pruchase. "

Haha bro....glad you see the lighter side of things...

Anyway, hope you learn from this and do due research in the future....

One reason why I like T3 folks as they seriously take a personal interest into your bikes!

It's their passion....no just a job!

Regular Forumer
440 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 6:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Actually I recently just frequent KH for my new wheels. Theres some little mistake by one of the staff quoting wrong price but no big deal for me. Everyone makes mistake so I don't really blame them. The problem you faced, seems like no one wants to pick up the ownership.

Regular Forumer
1,542 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 7:22 PM    Quote and Reply

will look REALLY BAD on KH if they cancelled their supplying contract with the bikeshop that suppiled cooperoh with the report....
then again better for that bikeshop!!

KH really does need to go into damage control with its reputation...
what they did with their partner shows blatantly the attitude and ethics of the management.
(not something i expect from a significant member of the cycling fraternity)

i just can't stand such firms...
Even monopoly companies will collapse if their reputation is tarnished enough....

--scott has had some issues with after-sales support-- 

Regular Forumer
103 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Japan
Riding:
Posted on: 1st Jan 2011 8:26 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Yangster: Actually I recently just frequent KH for my new wheels. Theres some little mistake by one of the staff quoting wrong price but no big deal for me. Everyone makes mistake so I don't really blame them. The problem you faced, seems like no one wants to pick up the ownership."

There are more stories. I was quoted the wrong price for this frame too when I first ordered it. People made mistakes. After I collected my bike after assembly, the rear wheel was not true as requested. People made mistake. My rear wheel was not pumped up. People made mistake. The valve leaks. Ppeople made mistakes. The rear wheel is not aligned properly. People made mistake.

Well, I had the same mentality as you but it proves costly. If I were to be very very , I could have discovered the crack. Sometimes, when you think you are buying from such a big shop, you think you will be getting the well deserved service and job you expected. Prove to be very very wrong. I guess nowadays, small shops serve us better when we are dealing with the boss directly not with any warranty claim manager.

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jan 2011 8:43 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by yukun:

will look REALLY BAD on KH if they cancelled their supplying contract with the bikeshop that suppiled cooperoh with the report....
then again better for that bikeshop!!

KH really does need to go into damage control with its reputation...
what they did with their partner shows blatantly the attitude and ethics of the management.
(not something i expect from a significant member of the cycling fraternity)

i just can't stand such firms...
Even monopoly companies will collapse if their reputation is tarnished enough....

--scott has had some issues with after-sales support-- 

"

Personally I was shocked when I saw the sms. Was it a personally attack at me? I am just a customer who wanted some justice and to provie that I did not damage my frame while riding. For the bike builder, he did write a few of such reports before due to his experience in dealing with bikes. His experience is not just selling bike, he got from another manufacturer, he actually customise and build the bike from scratch, his work is very beautiful.
What is wrong to perform a service to a customer who is in need of an evaluation report? Why does KH Cycle has to do this to that bike builder and me? Gangsterism in the bike industry? Think this may be the case as I learnt from this experience KH Cycle supply a lot of bike parts to a lot of bike shop in S'pore.

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jan 2011 8:47 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by cinelli99:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by cooperoh:
Quote:

Please stop!!!

Why did I ever trust KH Cycle and SCOTT? How come no one mentioned their bad service in this forum before? Frankly I did perform a search before I made the pruchase. "
Haha bro....glad you see the lighter side of things... Anyway, hope you learn from this and do due research in the future.... One reason why I like T3 folks as they seriously take a personal interest into your bikes! It's their passion....no just a job!"

Can you please be kind to me balls?

Like I said earlier, it seems that small shops are showing more passion than big shops. They will need to earn more to maintain that big image and profit. So what is passion to them. If can earn $1 from any suckers who buys from them, I think they will.

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st Jan 2011 12:47 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:

Yes I ditto that for Cinelli, I asked for a replacement part for my stem to upgrade it 2010 model, they replied promptly, I paid the money and got my part very fast.

They even sent me Merry Christmas email this Christmas.....are they good or what?

Regular Forumer
1,144 posts
Forum Rep: 24

Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings