Topic: Has anyone bring any bikeshop to small claim tribunal before?

Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 2:02 AM    Quote and Reply

i think the 2 sides of the story was already presented at tribunal.

hence the ruling. 

Regular Forumer
941 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 9:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi Cooperoh,

Not doubting what you said and I am trying to understand the circumstances in an objective manner. A few questions for you:

1. What was the length of time that transpired between taking delivery and when you discovered the crack?

2. Why did you not insist for a replacement? Based on the situation described, I would have asked for that.

Re the bike builder that helped you, I don't think you were being fair to him. Maybe you did not anticipate the consequences but if you were asking for an "independent" opinion, then the context should have been shared with the person.

Regular Forumer
12 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 12:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by ahole2:
Quote:
"but how long can a wolf hide below a sheep skin"

If you are in the shoes of the respondent, how would you have responded in a different manner?

"

If I own a company as big as KH Cycle and has that long a history in dealing with bicycle, I will let you know how I will respond.

Regular Forumer
33 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 12:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Genesis: This has certainly tarnished the company and the produt they represent. Ppl will think twice on buying Scotts now. It has affected me in one way or another.

I keep hearing negativity about them. My question is, is it the company or the brand? Scotts cyclist are plenty, so someone is doing something right or am I wrong?

So is it LBS or brand?"

Sh&t! How come I never heard? Or else I would NEVER have bought from them in the first place.

In my case, company 80%, Brand 20%.

My justification.
I tried to claim warranty to see how SCOTT will respond. They rejected due to damage by handling. Fine. I talked to Mr Ng of KH cycle for a fair investigation and resolution.
From the time I communicated to Mr Ng to the date I filed a claim to SCT, there is no <I apologise...we have done our due diligent check and investigation..... discovered that we are not at fault to cause the damage.......looking at the photos objectively.......acknowledge your claim that the damage may not have caused by you during riding........it may have been caused by packing or shipping (that is one statement they die die they did not want to admit, I have a very strong suspicion that they knew about the crack, there are actions they display that makes me suspect. But no proof to prove that they know, even under oath they testified they do not know, so how?)........so can we offer.......to you>

Even my communication to SCOTT Europe does not have an favorable reply. They just want KH Cycel to settle with me. I guess if it is not warranty issue, they will not bother.

Seriously, they are the manufacturer, they designed the damn frame. From the look of the photos, anyone who is familiar with bicycle can tell this type of damage can never happened during riding. Corporate BS of shoving responsibility, I would thought a principal would have more say over a dealer.
Thus my verdict of 80%/20%.

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 2:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Thats a pretty bad support from Scotts. 
I have good support from my bike manufacturer though.
My lynskey headbadge discoloured after maybe a few months(most prob due to washing). I bought it from GHC but I by-pass them and went straight to email Lynskey's Don Erwin. Without second thoughts or questioning, they replied to send me a new one and ask for my address and contacts. Within 2 weeks, the headbadge was sent to my house in a bubblewrap with the necessary tools and extra screws incase i lost them. All for free.
All they ask was my frame serial number.

Oh and another incident, before I got my frame. Ordered through GHC, and asked for a hand brushed finishing with etched logos. The order was then sent through GHC to Lynskey. After a few weeks, I was so dying to have the frame asap hence I asked GHC about the frame. GHC told me not yet arrive. I then emailed Lynskey to ask about hows the frame. They asked for my name and within a day, they manage to find my frame and took picture of it and sent it to me. I was amazed at the kind of support they give. They even give me the delivery order number so I can track it. 

Lynskey really take ownership of their brand and take pride in what they do. Kudos to them

Regular Forumer
1,545 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 3:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Well....speaking of good customer service, Cinelli (Italy) has fantastic customer support.

I had an old Cinelli Supercorsa Steel Frame. As I was trying to sell the 15 yo frame, discovered that one of the logos at the seat stay had dropped off. Probably due to age and the glue (if it was glue) corroding.

Anyway, I contacted Cinelli directly through their website. They asked for some details (model, serial, colour, etc) and within a couple of weeks, they had sent me a set of 2 replacement logos (I had asked for only 1)! And at no cost to me at all even though postage was from Italy to Singapore!

Great Customer Service!

Regular Forumer
440 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 4:05 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Mohican: Hi Cooperoh, Not doubting what you said and I am trying to understand the circumstances in an objective manner. A few questions for you: 1. What was the length of time that transpired between taking delivery and when you discovered the crack? 2. Why did you not insist for a replacement? Based on the situation described, I would have asked for that. Re the bike builder that helped you, I don't think you were being fair to him. Maybe you did not anticipate the consequences but if you were asking for an "independent" opinion, then the context should have been shared with the person."

Ya cooperoh, how long did Kian Hong tell you that you are allow to get back to them if there is anything wrong, especially for one to one exchange?
Carefour has 14 days, though someone i know abused it, but this kind of customer service makes everyone want to go back. Top class.

Senior Forumer
58 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 4:23 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by cooperoh:
Quote:
Quote:

If you are in the shoes of the respondent, how would you have responded in a different manner?

"

If I own a company as big as KH Cycle and has that long a history in dealing with bicycle, I will let you know how I will respond."

Are you saying that the respondant is  "a wolf hide below a sheep skin"? 

Regular Forumer
164 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 4:32 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Mohican: Hi Cooperoh, Not doubting what you said and I am trying to understand the circumstances in an objective manner. A few questions for you: 1. What was the length of time that transpired between taking delivery and when you discovered the crack? 2. Why did you not insist for a replacement? Based on the situation described, I would have asked for that. Re the bike builder that helped you, I don't think you were being fair to him. Maybe you did not anticipate the consequences but if you were asking for an "independent" opinion, then the context should have been shared with the person."

If this bike builder knew the circumstance of the damage, he will be emotionally affect and the report will not be independent and unbiased. But basing on the fact, that he does not know anything proves the report is indeed unbiased.

See my sms communication with him. Also see how personal KH Cycle can get. If you look at it from another angle, they are out to stop me even to the extend of break someone's rice bowl.

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/img034uz.jpg/

(Please click on the sms to see clearer image)

You sure you want to buy from someone with such intention? Think you can get some decent customer service out from a shop that can resort to such method to stop a claim?

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 4:52 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by cooperoh:
Quote:
Quote:

"

If I own a company as big as KH Cycle and has that long a history in dealing with bicycle, I will let you know how I will respond."

Are you saying that the respondant is  "a wolf hide below a sheep skin"? 

"

Pardon my England. Hiding not hide.
What I am trying to say is up front service very good, but when claim happened, this is what I faced.

I know some of you may say, maybe this is a once off incident. Maybe I cursed, sweared and made a scene at the shop and scare all customers aways and that is why they TL and did this to me. They purposely marked me. For those who knows Robin, the bike shop manager, I challenge you to ask him if at any point in time did I act professionally or act like an Ah Beng. Ask if at any point in time did I ever raise my voice to them at all.
I treated them with respect and guess what I got in return. Sometimes, I felt that we consumers are being bullied for spending money, money nowadays grows on trees, is it?

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings