Topic: Has anyone bring any bikeshop to small claim tribunal before?

Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 9:59 AM    Quote and Reply

Ahh the usual flow of events be it property dealings or bad business deals car dealers etc. etc.
Guilty party wouldn't budge an inch without the threat of suing...

sigh... guess the cycling industry has come to this also..... (can no longer act care-free when you enter your bike shop)

ugly business tactics has entered the industry BEWARE

must brush up on laws regarding my entitlement as a consumer.....

Regular Forumer
103 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Japan
Riding:
Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 11:42 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by yukun: Ahh the usual flow of events be it property dealings or bad business deals car dealers etc. etc.

sigh... guess the cycling industry has come to this also..... (can no longer act care-free when you enter your bike shop)

"

Correction. KH Cycle is so self righteous that they think they can do no wrong.

I have very kindly talk to the boss Mr Ng about conducting investigation, I did highlight many times if they cannot resolve my issue, I will bring in a 3rd party which is CASE and Small Claim Tribunal. 
There is no offer of good will, repair or whatsoever, nothing. So I bring them to SCT lor.
Threat of suing does not work anymore. They even dare to accuse me of asking for bike replacement through the whole mediation and hearing process. I have proof I did not even mention the word replacement.

I am glad the comment from the Referee is a BIG SLAP to the reputation of KH CYCLE.

Regular Forumer
33 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 12:52 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by cooperoh:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by yukun: Ahh the usual flow of events be it property dealings or bad business deals car dealers etc. etc.

"

I have very kindly talk to the boss Mr Ng about conducting investigation, I did highlight many times if they cannot resolve my issue, I will bring in a 3rd party which is CASE and Small Claim Tribunal. 
There is no offer of good will, repair or whatsoever, nothing. So I bring them to SCT lor.
Threat of suing does not work anymore. They even dare to accuse me of asking for bike replacement through the whole mediation and hearing process. I have proof I did not even mention the word replacement.

I am glad the comment from the Referee is a BIG SLAP to the reputation of KH CYCLE."

Ouch. What's happening to some of this bigger company with years of history? Didn't they open their shop due to passion of riding? I mean they know both sides of the fence.

I can understand if they want to investigate the matter, so be it but if the result of the investigations shows no signs of negligence from the consumer then they should at least have the frame replace or something.

Image of a company is important. Being a genuine case, they not lose a client; the name of the company, its product etc is now tarnished. It's kinda sad.

I remember a case whereby there was something wrong with the frame (another brand). Investigations carried out. He got a new frame within a week but then that means he can't swap his existing component to the new frame due to some incompatibility. He called up again...within another week or so, he got a brand new bike. Now that's service.

Buying a bike is like our moms going to the wet market to buy fish. Consumer wants reasonable price and a good product, in this case fresh fish. The seller wise wants more customer. If its a win win situation, the consumer get the fish at a reasonable price and the seller gets a customer who will return to make future purchases and recommend to their friends of his product.

Man! Now I dunno whether I should drop Scott from my list of bike choices to purchase.

۩۞۩₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪۩۞۩

Genesis

''Give a man a fish, only feed him for a day, but teach a man how to fish, will feed him for a lifetime''

A Member of PG/SK Relaxed Riders

Regular Forumer
219 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 8:24 PM    Quote and Reply

Just received this in the mail today.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6342/img032y.jpg

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 8:34 PM    Quote and Reply

My reply to Mr Klinter, who is from SCOTT Europe office. Asia market is under their care.
Holger Klinter <[email protected]>

Dear Mr Klinter,

I am uttered disappointed in SCOTT and your office in believing the lies that KH Cycle has communicated to you.
I understood from your email to me previously, you mentioned about not granting me free of charge frame replacement.
Please check with KH Cycle and your good friend, Mr Ng, where did I ever mentioned in my communication to him, whether written or verbal, that I once asked for a frame replacement? All I asked if for KH Cycle to investigate the cause of damage and let me know what they will do to satisfy me, their customer and SCOTT PLASMA LTD owner, on my situation with the speedskeg crack. Since your reply to KH Cycle on ''warranty on the frame will be extended if the frame is carefully repaired'' withheld from me till I brought them to Small Claim Tribunal, I concluded that KH Cycle is not interested in keeping me as their customer.

After the hearing at Small Claim Tribunal and the Referee has awarded me a refund basing on the facts that I presented which he concluded that the damage was not caused while the frame is in my possession but during frame transportation or shipping. Frankly, the Referee was puzzled on how the damage could have escaped the eyes of the shop manager and the mechanic if they, under oath, claimed that they did not damage or spotted the damage during assembly.

I will make it a mission to tell the whole world and the bike community in Singapore about my experience with SCOTT and KH Cycle until I felt the effort is worth my loss of S$1,700.
Below is a start.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3059435;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 8:46 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Genesis:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by cooperoh:
Quote:

"

I am glad the comment from the Referee is a BIG SLAP to the reputation of KH CYCLE."

Ouch. What's happening to some of this bigger company with years of history? Didn't they open their shop due to passion of riding? I mean they know both sides of the fence.

I can understand if they want to investigate the matter, so be it but if the result of the investigations shows no signs of negligence from the consumer then they should at least have the frame replace or something.

Image of a company is important. Being a genuine case, they not lose a client; the name of the company, its product etc is now tarnished. It's kinda sad.

I remember a case whereby there was something wrong with the frame (another brand). Investigations carried out. He got a new frame within a week but then that means he can't swap his existing component to the new frame due to some incompatibility. He called up again...within another week or so, he got a brand new bike. Now that's service.

Buying a bike is like our moms going to the wet market to buy fish. Consumer wants reasonable price and a good product, in this case fresh fish. The seller wise wants more customer. If its a win win situation, the consumer get the fish at a reasonable price and the seller gets a customer who will return to make future purchases and recommend to their friends of his product.

Man! Now I dunno whether I should drop Scott from my list of bike choices to purchase."

I will leave that decision to you. But be prepare to go through what I have gone through. Maybe just maybe my case will wake them up a little, but how long can a wolf hide below a sheep skin? When you want to claim, that is when the Sh*t will hit your face. It tasted bad.

Regular Forumer
33 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 9:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"but how long can a wolf hide below a sheep skin"

If you are in the shoes of the respondent, how would you have responded in a different manner?

Regular Forumer
164 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 30th Dec 2010 10:22 PM    Quote and Reply

half-time score:

customer 1 slim-shady dealer 0 

Regular Forumer
941 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 12:25 AM    Quote and Reply

This has certainly tarnished the company and the produt they represent. Ppl will think twice on buying Scotts now. It has affected me in one way or another.

I keep hearing negativity about them. My question is, is it the company or the brand? Scotts cyclist are plenty, so someone is doing something right or am I wrong?

So is it LBS or brand?

۩۞۩₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪۩۞۩

Genesis

''Give a man a fish, only feed him for a day, but teach a man how to fish, will feed him for a lifetime''

A Member of PG/SK Relaxed Riders

Regular Forumer
219 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Dec 2010 1:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Actually, it would be intersting if someone from Scott or KH Cycle would come out to give their side of the story...

Not taking sides or anything, but there's 2 sides to a coin, no smoke without fire.

Maybe Scotts of KH Cycle would come up with some interesting arguments?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Again, not doubting bro "cooperoh" or anything....just that I've been through many "arguments" in my line of work and sometimes, both sides are right, and both sides are wrong. Just depends on how you see it....

Then again, bro "cooperoh" may be 100% (or 99%, or 80%) right!

My apologies if I offend anyone with my comments.....just my humble opinion.....

Regular Forumer
440 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings