Topic: Cycle Craft & Monotine Bike Shops

Posted on: 9th Aug 2009 6:00 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, I just moved to the East and am planning to do some serious shopping for a roadbike for the wife and some parts.

Are Cycle Craft, T3 and Monotine in Katong and Tay Cycle in Tampines worth spending my time in? Or should I try others?
Regular Forumer
144 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Aug 2009 6:41 PM    Quote and Reply

cycle craft = scott bikes
T3 = expensive brands (i never say no good)
taycycle = mostly MTB stuff
Try cannasia for cannondale stuff, LnT have a few roadies there; rodalink (colnago, helios, cinelli)
these are the few i know in the east yup good luck in ur search

Regular Forumer
274 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Aug 2009 7:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Wow lah u forgot also Soon Watt - Orbea. Muhahaha......

God Who Know...
Senior Forumer
335 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 17th Aug 2009 4:26 PM    Quote and Reply

T3 may seems expensive but their prices are generally lower than others that i came across.  moreover, they have more support than other smaller bikeshops like a few along the road. 

Regular Forumer
29 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 18th Aug 2009 12:53 AM    Quote and Reply

SCH also have some roadie bikes by Scott if not wrong..

Regular Forumer
224 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Aug 2009 8:44 AM    Quote and Reply

I ride past 4 -5 shops on my way back from office. My views only (disclaimer).

I give my thumbs up for these shops in precedence

1. T3 = Although deemed pricey, the service here is fantastic and it will soon compel you to be their loyal customer.
2. Cannondale Asia = Nice rides, browse on your own till you ask. Quite good and comfortable too.
3. Soon Watt Quite = pricey bikes, 1 cent 1 quality ...I wish I could afford something cool here..
4. Rodalink = good range too, but not my flavour i guess.

I will never visit ever again
1. Cycle Craft = Service is poor, the guy (70s hairstyle covering ear) doesn't even have basic courtesy to stand up when talking to customer, anything you ask him as a customer, he shoots you off by saying you can get the answer off the internet everywhere. The girl is much more friendly though I don't have much luck with her. I came here with the firm intention to buy a Scott CR-1 but I decided to pass it to the 1st shop i listed as thumbs up, I don't mind spending a bit more, to get better service and also an equivalent bike from T3.

Regular Forumer
92 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Aug 2009 9:18 AM    Quote and Reply

Cycle Craft = Service is poor

i Second that too.

Regular Forumer
60 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Aug 2009 12:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by roadbikenoob:

I will never visit ever again
1. Cycle Craft = Service is poor, the guy (70s hairstyle covering ear) doesn't even have basic courtesy to stand up when talking to customer, anything you ask him as a customer, he shoots you off by saying you can get the answer off the internet everywhere. The girl is much more friendly though I don't have much luck with her. I came here with the firm intention to buy a Scott CR-1 but I decided to pass it to the 1st shop i listed as thumbs up, I don't mind spending a bit more, to get better service and also an equivalent bike from T3.

"

Regular Forumer
941 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Aug 2009 12:49 PM    Quote and Reply

me too. bought Mowa MTB Cassette at $2++ that guy told me shifting very good but actully SUCK

XTENSION XPZ '10..

Regular Forumer
31 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Aug 2009 2:58 PM    Quote and Reply

L&T Cycles carries a number for road bike brands.

BH Bicycles, KTM, Avanti, and many more. Got a good discount from Francis when I purchased my bike.

Sales and after sales service.

Regular Forumer
18 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 25th Aug 2009 5:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Hamburger: L&T Cycles carries a number for road bike brands.

BH Bicycles, KTM, Avanti, and many more. Got a good discount from Francis when I purchased my bike.

Sales and after sales service."

Hi any idea if L&T does tuning for road bikes? :) 

Regular Forumer
144 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings