Topic: Tiong Hin or Hup Leong??

Posted on: 1st May 2009 1:29 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi.. I am new to this forum and wondering which shop is better.. I only go to Tiong Hin as it is nearer to my house but the uncle there got attitude 1.. But Tiong Hin has alot of decent parts and the auntie is helpful!! I have nvr been to Hup Leong and been wanting to cycle there someday.. Could some1 tell me about Hup Leong and whether it is better than Tiong Hin..
Regular Forumer
97 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 1st May 2009 1:39 AM    Quote and Reply

I like big shop.....don't like shop very small and no space to even walk without stepping on something.

Regular Forumer
1,290 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 1st May 2009 3:13 AM    Quote and Reply

Just like Meowfifa said, both shops concept is entirely different. Make a visit to Hup Leong.

Old Salt Forumer
40 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st May 2009 3:21 AM    Quote and Reply

again,

hup leong

Regular Forumer
941 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 1st May 2009 7:28 AM    Quote and Reply

try chapter 2 cycle since u live near to TH.

http://www.togoparts.com/bikeshops/shop_details.php?sid=111

lots of hobbies but no skills
Senior Forumer
152 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st May 2009 7:37 AM    Quote and Reply

Tiong hin, you must know what time of the day to go. Best time is after 9pm, cuz there wont be tt many ppl at the shop, and the auntie and auntie will be quite happy to entertain you. Try to avoid 3-8pm, you'll have to wait damn long before you can get anything.

Regular Forumer
73 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st May 2009 9:31 AM    Quote and Reply

To be honest with you; most (if no, all) LBS have their special kind of attitude.  I guess the main reason is due to their years of hard earn knowledge and they deem that is a lethal skill and they feel proud of it.  I mean, after all, they are nice chaps and would guide you along if you're showing interest in what they are doing.  By the way, ask the 'right' question for the components or bicycle you wish to purchase e.g. what type of MTB to cater for XC or downhill to your needs, what kind of reasonable components to go along with etc.  Please, get the facts 1st, show great interest in thw stuff u wish to purchase before asking for a good price.  Some digging from the internet helps alot :)  Above all, I choose Hup Leong between the 2 cos I learn from them alot. 

I ride before:
BeOne Carbon Hardtail
Merida XC
Boardman Team Carbon
Chumba EVO
Dahon Boardwalk modded to 10 speed

I am currently using:
Tonino Lamborgini Concetto 20 speed
Dahon Curve D7 modded to 10 speed
Ridley Fenix SL
Regular Forumer
37 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 1st May 2009 1:27 PM    Quote and Reply

this thread is pretty meaningless by comparing 2 bike shops. soon ppl will start similar threads comparing A with B with C and so on..

why dont u go down to both n experience it urself. tiong hin uncle may haf an attitude sometimes but hes really nice guy. same as all the other shop owners. seriously since when is there a hostile bike shop owner without any regular customers who can survive in this trade in sg.

Regular Forumer
161 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st May 2009 1:53 PM    Quote and Reply

I like tiong hin uncle's skills and experience ...

Bear in mind that uncle is super busy at night :P 

I alway call first be4 visiting him ...

Regular Forumer
56 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 1st May 2009 3:05 PM    Quote and Reply

thx guys... i will cycle to Hup Leong to take a look!!

Regular Forumer
97 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 1st May 2009 3:29 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by beebee_ice: thx guys... i will cycle to Hup Leong to take a look!!"

Hey Bro , welcome to togo!I thought we cycle down together?

Regular Forumer
103 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings