Topic: Will shimano cost less in Tokyo?

Posted on: 28th Nov 2007 6:57 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by dvng: you will be surprise what we can get here in Malaysia?"

Reallly? there are some brands that don't even ship to asia. Such as 24/7. You'll be surprised what we want.

Lor Sor Forumer
3,814 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 30th Nov 2007 11:22 AM    Quote and Reply

most of the usual stuff you can get in Malaysia.. however if you want some extraordinarily items some of the lbs can source for you..like i have seen the other day a Whyte 46, Maverick, Dekerf, Nicolai, Ghost Bike etc..besides parts is much cheaper here compared to Singapore..even Helmets etc Specialized frames are 20% cheaper here than Singapore..

Regular Forumer
31 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Malaysia
Posted on: 3rd Dec 2007 6:40 PM    Quote and Reply

The last time Shimano had a factory at Gelang Patah JB have since shifted I think to Malacca where labour are supposed to  be cheaper!

Regular Forumer
118 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Dec 2007 11:42 PM    Quote and Reply

too much theft?

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 4th Dec 2007 12:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by dvng: most of the usual stuff you can get in Malaysia.. however if you want some extraordinarily items some of the lbs can source for you..like i have seen the other day a Whyte 46, Maverick, Dekerf, Nicolai, Ghost Bike etc..besides parts is much cheaper here compared to Singapore..even Helmets etc Specialized frames are 20% cheaper here than Singapore.."

uh, maverick if i'm not mistaken, IS on sale in singapore. there is only ONE person you can look for though. there's this rider who i nickname the Hammer/Maverick Brothers who rides with a buddy on a Voler (sp?).... you need to join the right riding group to find out who hehehehe... those who have taken part in adventure races and enduro events would know who i'm talking about.

got one la. got $$$, want to do anything also can. like there are legal loan sharks in xinjiapoh....

'ShutterBugger'
2,137 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 5th Dec 2007 11:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Anywhere in JB to recommend? :D

How about China? Are parts in China ( Shanghai ) cheaper?

Freshie Forumer
9 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Dec 2007 6:14 PM    Quote and Reply

yeah am also curious and interested if there is a good bikeshop in msia that carry a good inventory...anyone know?

Love togoparts, love the biased opinions, love the flaming, love my bike, love pushing it, love posing it haha...roadie, offroaders that cant remember last you clean bike,full sus that never touches mud,5k hardtail with t-serv..."whatevers your cup of tea,just as long you happy lor"...cheers evertyone!
Regular Forumer
55 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 5th Dec 2007 9:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Bikepro and ksh carries reasonably good items

Regular Forumer
31 posts

Malaysia
Posted on: 19th Sep 2019 7:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Hey, i also wanted to purchase Shimano but a bit confused about between Shimano and Tiagra after reading this https://biketestreviews.com/shimano-105-vs-tiagra/

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

India
Login to see your Forum Rankings