Topic: electric bicycle

Posted on: 14th Oct 2010 9:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Everyone,

Ebikebuzz.com has a free ebook "How To Choose An Ebike That's Right For You" for download. It has handy information and is a very useful guide if you are thinking of getting your first ebike.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Oct 2010 9:34 PM    Quote and Reply

Anybody knows which LBS has the widest range of electric bikes?

I'm interested in a lightweight, foldable type, preferably Li-ion. Must be multi-geared.

Or, is there anybody/shop who can convert my Birdy foldie?

I don't have class 2 license, but would like to travel longer distance on 2 wheels without having to perspire too much. Nowadays, really hate to drive. No parking lots, traffic jams....etc.  

Regular Forumer
758 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Jan 2016 11:09 AM    Quote and Reply

Anyone please help, if I bought e-bike from China supplier directly without the LTA seal, are we able to sending the e-bike to LTA inspection centre for approval? 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th Jan 2016 4:20 PM    Quote and Reply

They need to be type approved by LTA so you would need all the detailed specifications, drawings etc from the manufacturer to submit to LTA. Then go and get it inspected. You will have to pay them for this and it will probably take quite a while and you may also not be allowed to get type approval unless you are a Pte ltd. if it doesn't get approved you have a bike you can't use
couple this with shipping costs  and GST I reckon this one is headed straight for the too hard basket.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 2nd Jul 2017 10:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi All, anyone happen to know if a electric bike s battery can be easily removed to charge elsewhere? I am doing food delivery and would like to park my e bike in town. However I am staying in the east and would like to charge the batt at home? Are there any concerns if I charge my e bike batt at home? 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings