Topic: Beginner for road bike

Posted on: 29th Jul 2019 8:24 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys, 

I have no experience for road bike , the reason I want to start is want to do something different way of exercise, as I currently just go for jog and Swimming. 

And i I was just experienced to ride in San Francisco, and I found this is really fun and it really can be a Long term exercise. 

I’m doing some research and few bike shop , est planning to get a bike with accessories total no exist 1500 , would it be possible and may I get you guys for some recommendations. 

Thanks
r
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jul 2019 8:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Yanrane: Hi guys, 

I have no experience for road bike , the reason I want to start is want to do something different way of exercise, as I currently just go for jog and Swimming. 

And i I was just experienced to ride in San Francisco, and I found this is really fun and it really can be a Long term exercise. 

I’m doing some research and few bike shop , est planning to get a bike with accessories total no exist 1500 , would it be possible and may I get you guys for some recommendations. 

Thanks
r"

Hmm am a bit confused : so you cycled in SF riding a non road bike did i assume correctly? If so i strongly suggest heading down to a Decathlon outlet and test ride some road bikes specifically? Reason i suggest is lots of peeps put down a small fortune only to find that the road bike riding posture isn't to their liking or comfort (possibly to previous back injuries for eg) What is your height so we may suggest a frame size that would fairly be comfortable? Lastly what terrain do you intend to ride on i.e strictly roads or PCNs/pavements?

Regular Forumer
206 posts
Forum Rep: 35

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jul 2019 9:11 PM    Quote and Reply

I do try the non road bike in sf , that’s the reason cause I want to try out for a road bike when I am back. 

I  pretty sure at the begging I won’t be fully on the road as I mention I don’t have this experience at all. 
I think I will try out on the road and pavements as well. 

My hheight is about 170 , I did when do some shop to try out , but if different shop it was come with a different size , like the trek was recommend me go for size 50 , but I try out the Merida was be the size of 47.

so That’s why I came here to search that something can help. 
Like I said the budget is around 1500 in clueing those necessary accessories, would it be possible ? 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Aug 2019 11:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Yanrane: I do try the non road bike in sf , that’s the reason cause I want to try out for a road bike when I am back. 

I  pretty sure at the begging I won’t be fully on the road as I mention I don’t have this experience at all. 
I think I will try out on the road and pavements as well. 

My hheight is about 170 , I did when do some shop to try out , but if different shop it was come with a different size , like the trek was recommend me go for size 50 , but I try out the Merida was be the size of 47.

so That’s why I came here to search that something can help. 
Like I said the budget is around 1500 in clueing those necessary accessories, would it be possible ? "

You are right. Different brands can have different bike sizings. You may want to check with Fusion Cycles Singapore, if they have anything for you.

Regular Forumer
6,196 posts
Forum Rep: 44

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings