Topic: what to buy

Posted on: 26th Dec 2018 3:28 AM    Quote and Reply

need a bike to get to school daily n run errands. should i get triban100 from decathlon at$350 or other road bike?or shld i buy a fixie? budget at $350.also any bike shop that sells cheap n gd bike to recommend? 
is the $100+fixie on carousell worth?
also i do not like bikes with excessive,huge,glaring stickers and logos
btw i am 180cm in height 
would love to hear any recommendations or any protips!!
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Dec 2018 4:10 AM    Quote and Reply

have you decided the route you would ply and terrain you'd like to cycle on i.e pcn, pavement, road, etc? For $3xx you could land better bikes in the used market and for your height peeps tend to land between 17-20" (via seatpost) or 55-60 cm (via effective top tube) frames i guess?

Regular Forumer
169 posts
Forum Rep: 26

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Dec 2018 2:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights: have you decided the route you would ply and terrain you'd like to cycle on i.e pcn, pavement, road, etc? For $3xx you could land better bikes in the used market and for your height peeps tend to land between 17-20" (via seatpost) or 55-60 cm (via effective top tube) frames i guess?"

yup i plan on cycling by pcn n pavements.any bike recommendations? or any bike shop to recommend?
i am inclined to getting cheap china fixie for like $100+, but afraid dat it will rust easily and cycling might be more dangerous. anyone have experience riding those cheap fixie? share ur thoughts pls,thanks!

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 26th Dec 2018 4:46 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by citius:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by pinelights: have you decided the route you would ply and terrain you'd like to cycle on i.e pcn, pavement, road, etc? For $3xx you could land better bikes in the used market and for your height peeps tend to land between 17-20" (via seatpost) or 55-60 cm (via effective top tube) frames i guess?"

yup i plan on cycling by pcn n pavements.any bike recommendations? or any bike shop to recommend?
i am inclined to getting cheap china fixie for like $100+, but afraid dat it will rust easily and cycling might be more dangerous. anyone have experience riding those cheap fixie? share ur thoughts pls,thanks!"

I suggest check out all Togoparts Merchant, they are trusted and they have variety of items specially Rodalink, Ben White Cycles, and many more. 

Check them here. 

Regular Forumer
69 posts
Forum Rep: 18

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Posted on: 28th Dec 2018 3:31 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by citius:
Quote:

i am inclined to getting cheap china fixie for like $100+, but afraid dat it will rust easily and cycling might be more dangerous. anyone have experience riding those cheap fixie? share ur thoughts pls,thanks!"

pavement + pcn suggest get a bike with thicker tires and more importantly proper brakes as you are sharing the path with walkers, joggers, prams ,etc haha nope i would strongly advise *against* a fixie for the places u intend to cycle!

Regular Forumer
169 posts
Forum Rep: 26

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings