Togoparts.com
Log in! Login with Facebook or userID: Password:   New? Join Togoparts! Forgot your Password?
   Launch PM  You are currently browsing from United States 

States/Region/District:

City/Town:

Advertisement
Forums  >  Bike Talk  >  Road - Road, Triathlon, TT, Cyclocross Bikes
Topic: SRAM Force RD Rubbing Spokes
Posted on: 8th Mar 2013 12:30 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, i just changed to sram force groupset and would like to seek some advice. Currently running ultegra 11-28T cassette with force RD, when I hit 28T, I shift some more unknowingly and the RD/jockey wheel will rub against my spokes. Its hard for me to tell if i'm on the largest cog, so I tend to shift until i hear the rubbing sound and let go of the shifter. I remember I don't have such an issue with shimano shifters and as i recall, i won't be able to shift any further once i reach the largest cog. On 28T, the RD is straight and parallel to my spokes. Any solution to this? Thanks!
Baozie

7th Dec 2008
Total Forum Rep: 0
Riding:
1) Cannondale CAAD...
Posted on: 8th Mar 2013 10:03 AM   Quote and Reply

1. check the stopper screws.

2. Rear D hanger could be bent. LBS could help to realign rear D hanger.

kmax

15th Aug 2011
Total Forum Rep: 2
Posted on: 8th Mar 2013 10:54 AM   Quote and Reply

I had a similar issue with the same cassette and a 6700 RD
Some 10 speed cassettes / hub combinations require a 1mm spacer before the cassette - I forgot to put it on initially after I did and readjusted the RD problem went away - if you don't have the spacer phone round a few LBSthat do mechanic service and ask they will surely have one.

Could be a bent hanger but if it is bent enough to make the RD catch the spokes I am pretty sure you would - be able to see it
- the shifting would be crappy across the range of sprockets

Zappadeedoohdah

22nd Feb 2012
Total Forum Rep: 68
Posted on: 8th Mar 2013 11:17 AM   Quote and Reply

I would check the RD limit screws, such that when u r in the 28T, make sure that the RD would not move further inwards even if u accidentally try to shift down some more. 

Sunburnt

8th Sep 2004
Riding:
1) BMC SLC-01 2008
Posted on: 8th Mar 2013 12:15 PM   Quote and Reply

Hi all, thanks for the advise. I don't have a hanging bar, hard for me to see the movement of the RD as i tune the lower limit screw. Seen some youtube videos, not sure how to tune it such that RD won't move inwards at 28T. Already turn the lower limit screw anti-clockwise and there's some space between the spoke and RD but still some rubbing with spoke. My chain got stuck in between the 28T cog and spokes while toying the limit screw. Think i should go to LBS have it fixed before i broke any spoke...

Baozie

7th Dec 2008
Riding:
1) Cannondale CAAD...
Posted on: 8th Mar 2013 12:44 PM   Quote and Reply

It honestly sounds like your cassette is too close to the spokes - get a spacer installed to move it away and it will be fine

Zappadeedoohdah

22nd Feb 2012
Total Forum Rep: 68
Post a Reply
Forum Etiquette & Rules . Report Abuse
Go to:
Togoparts.com is the number one bicycle portal in Singapore featuring classifieds marketplace for buying and selling Mountain Bikes, MTB, Road Bikes, Tri Bikes, Time Trial Bikes, Folding Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, Singlespeed Bikes, Tandem Bikes. Find useful bike products and services information like Suspensions Forks, Wheels, Frames, Brakes, Handlebars, Pedals, Stems, Seatposts, Jerseys and Accessories. Read consumer reviews, in-depth bike product reviews and event coverages.
Copyright© 2001-2014 Togoparts.com
All Rights Reserved.