Topic: cinelli ram bars

Posted on: 21st Apr 2009 10:28 PM    Quote and Reply

anyone usin these? Saw them and I'm quite amazed at the artwork on it :):)
Regular Forumer
80 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 21st Apr 2009 11:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Sure are nice but the price is even more amazing.

http://bikes-bikes-bikes.blogspot.sg/
Regular Forumer
4,863 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 8:01 AM    Quote and Reply

Ahh..nice...similar to Shimano's PRO Stealth handlebar...nice. Very stiff good to use.

Lor Sor Forumer
138 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 10:09 AM    Quote and Reply

ha ya man, the price is insane! haha, but with rodalink having some sales on it..hm, wonder how much off man.

Regular Forumer
80 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 2:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Is it alot more then the Pro???

Lor Sor Forumer
138 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 4:56 PM    Quote and Reply

hm, i'm not too sure about that..

Regular Forumer
80 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 6:49 PM    Quote and Reply

You must be referring to the Cinelli Ram2, the one with the integrated stem. Even with the 50% discount, I estimate it'll still cost > $7xx, maybe more. Yes, it's very beautiful and bear in mind the angle of the handlebar is not adjustable.

There's also a FSA Plasma Compact I'm eyeing. White carbon suits me. Price is a bit steep at the moment.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=36076

Regular Forumer
758 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 9:39 PM    Quote and Reply

wah bike tyson, firstly, nice nick haha
secondly, wah yah it does look good.. the price also..*gulp*
you buying ah?

I just measured my handlebars and I found my sakae custom drops to be of a 38cm width and I'm wondering if it's too narrow for me. How do you know? Ive been on them for close to 2 months over, everything's fine except for numb fingers which happen realy fast (around 5 minutes) into the ride.

Regular Forumer
80 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 9:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Nooo.. I'm not buying (yet). Very nice & tempting, knowing well the Sing dollar is going to slide, I must make a decision fast. Yup! NOT BUYING!! Because it's going to cost more soon. Oh no!

btw, it's not common to find a size 38 handlebar. Even size 40 is hard to find (my size). It's more for the shoulders rather than the fingers. As for numb fingers, perhaps you may wish to tilt your drop handlebar slightly upwards to see whether it helps?

Regular Forumer
758 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 10:30 PM    Quote and Reply

hahaha, im tempted to get the cinelli ram leopard..such sweet artwork shudnt be denied la...but wah lau...hai.

so if it's not a concern for my shoulders then it shouldnt be a concern right? Ok, will try the tilting, I like how it looks now though hm.. so if i tilt up, what about the brakehoods and all? shift relative to the adjustment made?

Regular Forumer
80 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Apr 2009 10:43 PM    Quote and Reply

yah, one more thing forgot to remind you. If you did indeed buy the 'Leopard' Cinelli Ram integrated drop bar, it's quite unlikely that you'll wrap bar tapes all the way up. That means you'll be holding on to bare carbon which may not be a good thing for your sensitive fingers. Also, you can't change the angle of the bar due to integrated stem.

Then again, have to agree it's going to look ugly if the handlebar is tilted too much upwards. Actually, the whole objective is to change the position of your wrist while grabbing the brakehood. Should not be too far or bent too much. Get into a comfortable position. Just suggesting...may or may not work. Good Luck!

Regular Forumer
758 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings