Topic: Adjustable dumbbells?

Posted on: 28th Jul 2011 11:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Should i get these adjustable dumbbells? http://gymat.blogspot.com/

Basically these dumbbells can replace 1 entire rack of dumbbells and supports any weight to 24kg. Its great for exercising at home since i intend to do P90X which requires me to switch dumbbells quickly.
Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jul 2011 8:49 AM    Quote and Reply

No, these are way too expensive.

P90X is also effective with push up bars, chin up bars, resistance bands and normal weights.

$150 for a pair of adjustable weights would be reasonable.

Regular Forumer
1,144 posts
Forum Rep: 24

Riding:
Posted on: 29th Jul 2011 12:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, i agree with you. But the added costs of all these equipment, especially with just a few normal dumbbells, would be quite expensive too.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Jul 2011 2:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by gymatblog: Hi, i agree with you. But the added costs of all these equipment, especially with just a few normal dumbbells, would be quite expensive too. :D"

No i have a set of normal rubber coated dumb bells only $90 per set 10kg x 2, the bands get from ebay only abt $30 the chin up bar only $30 and push up bar only $13.00 total outlay is $163 only

Regular Forumer
1,144 posts
Forum Rep: 24

Riding:
Posted on: 29th Jul 2011 6:40 PM    Quote and Reply

Hmm, i meant i will incur more costs if i buy multiple sets of these $90 dumbbells. I'm fine with the bands, if only they could totally replace the use of dumbbells. Anyway i have decided to buy the adjustable dumbbells because they are totally awesome!

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Oct 2011 2:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Adjustable dumbelss are not that good as per my suggestion. Varying weigh will vary in results.

chicago personal trainer
Freshie Forumer
4 posts

United States
Posted on: 14th Nov 2016 2:23 AM    Quote and Reply

I got mine from Primero Fitness . Heard good things about their virgin rubber dumbbells. All their dumbbells and barbells are adjustable.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Jan 2018 6:32 PM    Quote and Reply

Yup, Primero Fitness quite good. 

Freshie Forumer
9 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Login to see your Forum Rankings