Topic: Bluetooth speed/cadence sensors

Posted on: 3rd Nov 2015 12:30 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi All, with apps like Mapmyride, Strava,...etc being common in our smartphones, wonder how many riders here successfully  uses them with Bluetooth speed and/or cadence sensors? Which combination works and what brands of sensors are available here?
Cheers
Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Nov 2015 12:49 PM    Quote and Reply

I just bought a Giant road bike with RideSense ANT+ sensor, and I still couldn't get it to work with my wife's Note 4.

Regular Forumer
82 posts
Forum Rep: 6

Riding:
Posted on: 3rd Nov 2015 2:55 PM    Quote and Reply

I tested this for strava/Runtastic for iphone:

Topeak Bluetootch C/S Sensor  - Working
Topeak Heart Rate Sensor - Working
Bioloigc Bluetooth C/S Sensor - Working

Any ANT+ sensor with not working with iPhone but it works with my Garmin Edge 1000.

Regular Forumer
18 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 3rd Nov 2015 5:49 PM    Quote and Reply

I'm using Cateye Padrone Smart with the compatible Bluetooth speed/cadence sensor. 

I have not tried linking directly with Strava or any app other then Cateye's own app. From their in house app I will upload to Strava. Mainly to see the map and compare the challenges if I take the same route. Only thing is I think Strava don't capture cadence from the Cateye. (Maybe must use compatible sensor to Strava. )

There is also an extra 500-800m captured if I upload to Strava thru the Cateye app. The distance on Cateye app is shorter. 

Regular Forumer
45 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 5th Nov 2015 1:43 PM    Quote and Reply

I finally managed to get the Giant RideSense to pair up with Note 4. Seems like the bluetooth scan in Android cannot detect the RideSense's signals. So I had to use Wahoo Fitness app to do the pairing.

Regular Forumer
82 posts
Forum Rep: 6

Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings