Topic: Flashlights for bike are needed

Posted on: 26th May 2015 1:50 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi, everyone, I love cycliing. Now, my old flashlight is broken, and want to get a new one. I check some flahslights sites online, such as sure fire, fenix, Tank007, streamlight, etc. but do not know which one to buy now. I found the flashlights are all similar, but the prices are different. So, do you guys know what kind of flashlights are good for cycling?
Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 26th May 2015 11:42 PM    Quote and Reply

it depends on if u like those with batteries or usb rechargable. If batteries should be either Topeak or cat-eye , nite rider ...etc and rechargables either moon, lyzne or raypal....etc

pros and cons also apply. usb chargables are brighter than battries ones, but if no more juice can be very invconvient 

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th May 2015 7:38 AM    Quote and Reply

Flashlights are not really suitable as a headlight for bicycles. The reason is because the beam pattern shines as a spotlight. This means the light gets into the eyes of oncoming cyclist and pose irritation and danger. They cannot effectively judge your trajectory and may possibly crash into you. 

I would recommend bicycle lights that has a horizontal cut off beam pattern. The beam pattern only shines on the road but cut off horizontally. Similar to beam pattern of car lights. Examples are Ixon IQ Premium lights.

Regular Forumer
343 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th May 2015 10:30 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Velomobile: Flashlights are not really suitable as a headlight for bicycles. The reason is because the beam pattern shines as a spotlight. This means the light gets into the eyes of oncoming cyclist and pose irritation and danger. They cannot effectively judge your trajectory and may possibly crash into you. 

I would recommend bicycle lights that has a horizontal cut off beam pattern. The beam pattern only shines on the road but cut off horizontally. Similar to beam pattern of car lights. Examples are Ixon IQ Premium lights."

flash light use in pcn is a hazard to cyclist from ur opposite direction, but it serve better for others to see u. Especially when ur travelling from behind, it is better than ringing ur horn or bell for them to give u way. As for road i would recommend u to use it on strobe, its damn useful as u approaching junction where drivers will be turning left or right. When i was just using those small led light, lots of drivers dont see u coming in the dark even thou there street light, because coe has already blinded their eyes, and they become very arrogant as they can purchase car as such high value. Everytime i on the road i will use strobe mode, drivers definitely will stop and let u pass first, and it too serve as warning when driver intend to beat red light. I'm not trying to help drivers save money, just trying to keep cyclists n pedestrians safe on crossing the road....

Regular Forumer
139 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 27th May 2015 1:38 PM    Quote and Reply

Then I suggest you install a front action cam & Fly6 to capture these drivers.

You can try the ones on offer by Challenger (similar to GoPro).

Have a safe & enjoyable ride!

Regular Forumer
720 posts
Forum Rep: 35

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 27th May 2015 9:22 PM    Quote and Reply

Powerful light:
http://indigo.lighting/shop/lights/indigo5

Have a safe & enjoyable ride!

Regular Forumer
720 posts
Forum Rep: 35

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th May 2015 2:14 PM    Quote and Reply

Got cam capture no point, drivers can denied everything...its better than see u first n give way...

Regular Forumer
139 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 29th May 2015 11:34 AM    Quote and Reply

Why do people riding bikes on PCNs need 1000 lumen lights? And why point them straight ahead? And why do they seem annoyed when I turn my 1000 lumen light on and point it at their faces? (I have the bright light for use on the roads during the day (to dissuade Stompers from running me over) and a polite dim light for the PCNs at night).

Those are rhetorical questions. I know the answer and its got nothing to do with them having poor eyesight and much to do with them having no clue.

Regular Forumer
67 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Posted on: 4th Jun 2015 4:04 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for your replies, I finally get a Tank007 flashlight, which is good to me and the price is lower than other big brands

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Jul 2015 4:54 PM    Quote and Reply

you made the correct choice,,Tank007 is good to use
There are 3 models can be put in front of your bike
TC01 TR01 PT10
they not only can put in front of your bike,,but also can be used as a normal torch light..
The material is very good and performance stable for many years.
Thanks

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Jul 2015 11:11 AM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have mounted the flashlight to my bike, and it works well now. 

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings