Topic: where can i modify my electric scooter?

Posted on: 21st Mar 2015 6:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by albatross: lol, i anti-ebike... "
LOL. I more or less also like that.

Regular Forumer
6,183 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Mar 2015 6:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Oyst3rJianhao:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by wan130476: Give dis guy a break lah. He needs help & guidance. Not negative replies from U please. Jus kip de negatives to urself ok. At least advise him nicely accordingly.. He is handycap, dats why he chose electrics to pedaling. And he so scrawny to the bones he got no fat left to burn from cycling.."

Well said!!!
STOP RIDING THOSE ELECTRIC SCOOTER AND ELECTRIC BICYCLE ON PARK CONNECTOR (PCN) AND PAVEMENT, YOU PEOPLE LIKE THIS ARE POSING GREAT DANGER TO ANYONE. ALWAYS LOVE TO TRAVEL AT HIGH SPEED COMPETING WITH CARS ON THE ROAD INDIRECTLY CHALLENGING THEM SEE WHO IS FASTER... "
Many thanks. You just clarified what I were about to do so.

Regular Forumer
6,183 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 2nd May 2017 9:03 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all cyclist I myself do pedals too.... and I also need e scooter too cause it due to go and back from house to where I park my Tipper Truck. I try ride my pedals but I'm having problem to fit my hybrid bike into the truck passenger side. I do hate e scooter last time but after I get this Tipper Truck Driver job, now then I relise if for the good cause e scooter can be part of my daily travel to work.
So what I'm highlighting here is nothing wrong with e transport if base on what you rely with it for transpoting to work. 

For the poor guy I pity him. Cause maybe he need more distance range go and back to work. Reason to save cost on fares. And can save some $$$ for other use. Who knows.....

Sorry, what I'm written above is just my taught and not offended any individuals....

PEACE

MY FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/pg/tunecyclelink/photos/?ref=page_internal#

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Jun 2017 8:54 AM    Quote and Reply

nothing wrong with escooter sharing the path with normal legs power cycle.
just that be safe and follow strictly to regulation.

for adding a spare battery to the scooter for backing up to increase the mileage i think it is innovative, however not sure if is LTA approval simple modification.

i understand some Escooter rider do use a few high cap power bank for back up.

you may want to try......

For those who had feedback the hate of escooter, I myself got into 2 accident with Escooter.
1 is at ECP PCN i was on my right path and when i turn myself out at the RC track area, a escooter apper against the traffic direction and crash into me. i flew a distance due to his speed is much much higher, believe is more than 30-40 kmh (those big modification with loud music scooter) when i pick myself up, the escooter rider hope on his scooter and run. i help myself home and send myself to hospital for check up.

second accident is a near miss......
Uber EAt scooter was using his mobile phone, believe bidding for next pick up on the move. and nearly crash into me directly who was standing stationary at the traffic light waiting for green man.
lucky his head light is strong which i notice and shouted to him and move alway, if not it will be a hit on. the Ecooter rider apologize to me.

If there is so many dislike on these flexible riders, do not order your food online for delivery then, i believe there are lots of cyclists are doing food delivery too and these scooters are getting more now due to demand

Do what u deem is correct and be responsible on your own actions

Blog on My Cycling Journey including slimming down; https://thecyclingjourney.blogspot.sg

https://www.instagram.com/terencetan1978/?hl=en

Marketplace selling list: http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace/listings.php?range=5&lat=1.2945599446037&lng=103.8383102417&item=new-used&uname=terencetan1978&location=

Build on Fuji SL1.1: http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showthread.php?fid=29&tid=78278&loc=active&cb=showforum.php%3Ffid%3D29%26page_id%3D1&highlight=

Build on Sworks SL6 Tarmac: http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showthread.php?fid=29&tid=79128&page_id=-1#last
'Togo Admin'
181 posts
Forum Rep: 79

Riding:
Posted on: 21st Jun 2017 1:09 PM    Quote and Reply

I hate eScooters, I just saw a teenager doing stylish Z (not even S) shape riding on the pavement this morning on my way to MRT...I must confess that I cursed the kid for a second in my mind:( 

Regular Forumer
91 posts
Forum Rep: 10

Posted on: 21st Jun 2017 1:17 PM    Quote and Reply

But to answer your question, there are actually other ways to increase the mileage. For example being at a more aero postion when riding your scooter, lose some weight, upgrading the wheels, change components to carbon fibre, etc. Just some tips from a cyclist :) 

Regular Forumer
91 posts

Posted on: 21st Jun 2017 2:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Battery : Ampere = Power . Capacity = distance

Regular Forumer
67 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 21st Jun 2017 4:18 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by SeyKai: Battery : Ampere = Power . Capacity = distance"

Ampere = Power :D

Though I know you're trying to make it simple this equation does look a little strange to me:D

Regular Forumer
91 posts

Posted on: 21st Jun 2017 6:57 PM    Quote and Reply

I might not be totally correct but I was refering to ampere hour . Higher ampere will have more power to go further. thanks 

Regular Forumer
67 posts

Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Jun 2017 9:34 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by SeyKai: I might not be totally correct but I was refering to ampere hour . Higher ampere will have more power to go further. thanks "

I'm sorry but I can't stop myself getting this clarified since you seemed totally confused...

Amphere hour has nothing to do with power.
Amphere hour is an indicator of capacity of your battery, it's not even the full picture though.
Amphere does NOT = Power
Amphere x Voltage does, this is basic physics.

Higher Amphere somewhat = Higher Torque, given the exact same system, by which I mean same motor, same battery, same controller...

However you can't decide how much Amphere your battery can supply, although many of them have a rated Amphere output. 

You can however decide the Voltage of your system, but adding more battery cells and replacing a controller of a higher rating. This might make your scooter go faster. This will appear in ways such as accelerating faster, crusing at higher speed, etc.

But remember a key factor which is the motor, which is designed for the current power rating of the system.

By increasing the power rating of the system, you put more stress to the motor, more particularly, higher surge current during starting/accelerating and higher RPM during cruising.

While not knowing the winding specs of the motor, higher current might overheat the coils and melt the enamelded wires, which potentially lead to shorting of coils or in the other word, spoiled motor. In a less fxxked-up senario, your scooter will just keep running but become damn hot, and slow since all the extra energy your system output becomes heating power.

Higher RPM might have lesser impact but it obviously put more stress to the bearing, which has a designed running RPM.

At a higher level, your axles, the board itself, even the tires are designed as part of the system, with the designed power of XYZ. Increasing the power put over rated stress to all these parts, so don't be surprised if you see them failing faster. 

Trying to increase the mileage however shouldn't do you any bad, you should be able to do it by replacing the battery pack with a higher capacity, but, of the same Voltage.

Regular Forumer
91 posts

Login to see your Forum Rankings