Topic: where can i modify my electric scooter?

Posted on: 16th Mar 2015 2:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi Everyone, i am at a loss, i am looking for a reliable workshop where i can modify / upgrade my electric scooter. my main intention is only to install an extra battery pack for reserve use as my newly purchased electric scooter can only cover a range of 30KM. 
i tried contacting the retail store that i purchased it from and they got no clue on where and how to do any upgrades and they do not even carry accessories.

please help if you have any information.

thank you all!!  
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Mar 2015 2:42 PM    Quote and Reply

this isnt the right forum for ur electric wheels....this is where all the real pedal power with NO battery, and the ONLY power source is human FATs...

Regular Forumer
139 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Mar 2015 11:38 PM    Quote and Reply

lol, i anti-ebike...

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 17th Mar 2015 3:06 AM    Quote and Reply

Give dis guy a break lah. He needs help & guidance. Not negative replies from U please. Jus kip de negatives to urself ok. At least advise him nicely accordingly.. He is handycap, dats why he chose electrics to pedaling. And he so scrawny to the bones he got no fat left to burn from cycling..

Regular Forumer
191 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 17th Mar 2015 11:00 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by wan130476: Give dis guy a break lah. He needs help & guidance. Not negative replies from U please. Jus kip de negatives to urself ok. At least advise him nicely accordingly.. He is handycap, dats why he chose electrics to pedaling. And he so scrawny to the bones he got no fat left to burn from cycling.."

Well said!!!
STOP RIDING THOSE ELECTRIC SCOOTER AND ELECTRIC BICYCLE ON PARK CONNECTOR (PCN) AND PAVEMENT, YOU PEOPLE LIKE THIS ARE POSING GREAT DANGER TO ANYONE. ALWAYS LOVE TO TRAVEL AT HIGH SPEED COMPETING WITH CARS ON THE ROAD INDIRECTLY CHALLENGING THEM SEE WHO IS FASTER... 

Regular Forumer
139 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Mar 2015 11:46 AM    Quote and Reply

Go to LTA

http://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=1&id=11a4c502-9213-47e1-8c30-e18e43cdf4fd

I am sure they will help you modify your e-bike. 

Regular Forumer
25 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 17th Mar 2015 11:46 AM    Quote and Reply

Go to LTA

http://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=1&id=11a4c502-9213-47e1-8c30-e18e43cdf4fd

I am sure they will help you modify your e-bike. 

Regular Forumer
25 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 18th Mar 2015 11:58 PM    Quote and Reply

You should not anyhow modify the bike especially tune up the speed. It can be very dangerous and can hurt other people around you. Please adhere to safety regulations

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Mar 2015 6:42 AM    Quote and Reply

BTW it's not an illegal mod or dangerous to put a higher capacity (mah) battery on an ebike to extend the range of them. It is illegal to add a throttle / disable the pedal assist and tamper with DC motor controller and motor to get the output over 200W. I don't have a problem with ebikes as long as they stick to the roads and don't tear around east coast park PCNs etc.

You can buy a bigger battery online LiFePO4 are the best and lightest ones RS Components website has them but they are expensive, just make sure you get the same voltage output and one with a battery management system. You get what you pay for with batteries - the more expensive cells hold charge better, last for many more charge cycles and have better battery management systems. there were a few reports a while back of some cheapo chinese 18650 ebike batteries exploding on charge and causing fires

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 19th Mar 2015 8:36 AM    Quote and Reply

Finally a reply to the question asked 👍

Regular Forumer
13 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Posted on: 21st Mar 2015 4:53 PM    Quote and Reply

"Handycaps.........."

Regular Forumer