Topic: Bike chain cleaner

Posted on: 24th Apr 2018 6:06 PM    Quote and Reply

I'm using Muc-Off. I bought a set off CRC during a sale. Compared to WD-40 it is bit of an investment but it is a lot easier than taking an old toothbrush to your drivetrain.

Regular Forumer
13 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Apr 2018 10:06 PM    Quote and Reply

to each his owni normally use a degreaser and a drive train brush (not toothbrush)take out the chain & scrub away when cleaning

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 31st Oct 2019 3:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by kleinphua: I use either simple green or mama lemon :)"
Any lemon fragance can attracts cockcroach to the house. Likewise with orange/pineapple fragance.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Oct 2019 3:36 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by runawayronin: I'm using Muc-Off. I bought a set off CRC during a sale. Compared to WD-40 it is bit of an investment but it is a lot easier than taking an old toothbrush to your drivetrain."
I find it easier to reuse old toothbrush before disposal.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Oct 2019 3:37 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by albatross: to each his owni normally use a degreaser and a drive train brush (not toothbrush)take out the chain & scrub away when cleaning"
I believe toothbrush diligently used is as good as the other brush.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Oct 2019 3:39 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by alma788: Hey, I think RP7 will work best. I have already used it for my bike chain and also after using it you should tighten the bike chain also. If you want to know more about how to tighten bike chain then check out https://biketestreviews.com/how-to-tighten-bike-chain/";
Multi-speed bicycles come with RD for taking up any chain slack.

Regular Forumer
6,195 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings