Topic: Cassette removal tool

Posted on: 14th Feb 2013 1:59 PM    Quote and Reply

bro, the bike hand 18 pcs set is selling in the $80 price range. My friend bought it at Giant Tampines iirc. 

I'm just here to tone my belly
Regular Forumer
741 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Feb 2013 3:00 PM    Quote and Reply

My bad, I didn't noticed that it was posted earlier that the bikehand tool box is now that costly.

I got mine from Milen of fusion cycle at a fraction of that price, but looks like he is not carrying them any more.

Senior Forumer
160 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 15th Feb 2013 3:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks guys for the input. Will i need the chain whip? or i could also do without?

Regular Forumer
197 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Aleoca
Posted on: 15th Feb 2013 3:57 PM    Quote and Reply

You need a chain whip for removal - the cassette will rotate around the freewheel during removal without. If you have an old chain and are pretty handy it is quite easy to make your own.

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 15th Feb 2013 5:14 PM    Quote and Reply

So lucky, I managed without chain whip. Just circlip plier will do.

Regular Forumer
6,184 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Feb 2016 1:36 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Stiffler: Below $30, difficult. You need a chainwhip, a cassette lockring removal tool, and maybe a pair of adjustable pliers to grip onto the tool.

Buy the X-Tools 18 pcs toolbox from Chainreactioncycles for about $70 + shipping or Bike Hand 18 pcs toolbox locally for about $80. Both will contain all the basic tools needed, including allen keys, spoke wrench, bb removal tool, crank remover, lockring removal tool, chain whip, cone wrench, etc.

I got my Bike Hand set from L&T in Tampines. Tampines Giant also sells them but last I checked they were out of stock. Parkway Giant does not carry the toolbox.  "

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Feb 2016 11:43 AM    Quote and Reply

hero... but get one just in case, u may damage the cassette if improper removal with unsuitable tools

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings