Thread is Sticky Topic: ..PUNGGOL/ SENGKANG relaxed EVENING RIDES!

Posted on: 5th Oct 2013 5:11 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi , just joined this forumn recently n frequent punggol waterway rides lately.

Any updates on your riding schedule?

Read  some of your ride distance of 30km or more, just wonder what if we can't catch up?

Turn back ? 

Age group n average speed of the slower rides are of what value...?

Just worry this fat uncle unable to catch up..

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Freshie Forumer
7 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Oct 2013 6:16 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by AroPac: Hi , just joined this forumn recently n frequent punggol waterway rides lately.

Any updates on your riding schedule?

Read  some of your ride distance of 30km or more, just wonder what if we can't catch up?

Turn back ? 

Age group n average speed of the slower rides are of what value...?

Just worry this fat uncle unable to catch up..

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

"
Relaxe. Just repeat intervals. Gradually downsize each of the last meal of the day consitently. Can catch them sooner or later. The overtake them regularly.LOL

Regular Forumer
6,179 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 8th Nov 2013 1:35 PM    Quote and Reply

Here's a random video the group did ..asking the question...WHAT DOES THE FORK SAY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgtl-4yMCaU

Join us at https://www.facebook.com/pages/PG-SK-Relatively-Relaxed-Riders/143593692387899  for more info.

The basic riding schedule is :

Tuesday Ride: TRAINING RideExpected Distance: 40kmExpected Speed: 25km/h to 45km/hRecommended for : intermediates to advanced

WEDNESDAY NEWBIE Ride: Relaxed ride , Expected Distance: 15 to 30km, Expecected speed: 15km/h to 25km/h, Recommended for : Beginners to ANYONE

Thursday Ride: Relaxed ride : Expected Distance: 30 to 40kmExpecected speed: 20km/h to 30km/hRecommended for : Beginners to ANYONE

Friday Round island ride: Relaxed/Training rideExpected Distance: 80 to 120kmExpected Speed: 25 to 35km/hRecommended for : intermediates to advanced

Saturday FnF: Training rideExpected Distance: 60km to 100kmExpecected Speed: 30 to 40 km/hRecommended for : intermediates to advanced

Sunday SMCB: Training rideExpected Distance:40 to 100kmExpected speed:30 to 40 km/hRecommended for : intermediates to advanced

* Speeds and Distances are approximates and will vary in person. 

For reference: A average beginner will travel at a speed of 10km/h to 20km/hThe distance from Punggol MRT to Popeyes is 2km.

We would not want to discourage anyone who is picking up cycling from joining any particular ride. However, we do feel that it would be best to slowly train up and progress from our Beginner rides to the next level.It does not benefit you to join a FAST training ride and then over-exert yourself and feel discouraged that you could not keep up with the pack. Do it progressively and join the CORRECT ride and move up from there

Regular Forumer
127 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 8th Nov 2013 1:36 PM    Quote and Reply

So do join us on Facebook to FIND OUT MORE DETAILS (location, time, route) for our rides!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PG-SK-Relatively-Relaxed-Riders/143593692387899 

Regular Forumer
127 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Aug 2018 9:40 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi ....i am Val staying hougang riding road bicycle....can i join your group. my contact 90219036.

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Aug 2018 9:40 AM    Quote and Reply

Hi ....i am Val staying hougang riding road bicycle....can i join your group. my contact 90219036.

Freshie Forumer
5 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings