Posted on: 28th Apr 2009 12:54 PM
Quote and Reply
Hi all, same old same old like previous years..
1 This event is specially organised to inculcate a free and silent bike ride, no faster than 20 km/hr, honouring cyclists lost or injured due to accidents and promoting sharing of the road.
2. The project concept is to promote awareness on safe cycling and being considerate to other road users. Also this project encourages individual, family and friends to participate and promote social and family cohesiveness.
3. There will be no overtaking, speeding etc and the whole ride will not have a speed of more than 20km/hr. At any point anyone can fall out from the ride but must be done at the rear and same with joining up with the ride along the way should be done at the rear too.
4. It’s a no talking ride with due respect to the ride proper. However, the leaders and sweepers will be equipped with walkie talkie sets which will only be use in exceptional cases, example safety issue, ride concerns. Otherwise it’s a strictly no talking ride to be adhered.
5. Outriders from renowned Security Organisation will be engaged to control traffic condition throughout the entire ride.
6. The event is free-of-charge and participants must be properly geared such as helmet, tail light and comply with the road safety regulations. On-the-spot registration will begin at 4.00pm and 5.00pm respectively on Saturday, 16th May 2009 at the Ayer Rajah
Community Centre, Pandan Gardens Road.
All participants will be required to wear a black armband in remembrance of the lost lives or red armband for those injured in road accidents.
7. The event will be flagged off at about 5.00pm from Ayer Rajah Community Centre where participants will cycle via Pandan Gdns Rd, West Coast Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Keppel Rd, Anson Rd, Robinson Rd, Shenton Way, Keppel Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd, West Coast Rd, Pandan Gdns Rd and ending at Ayer Rajah Community Centre.
C U there :-)