Thread is Sticky Topic: ~*WestEndRiders*~

Posted on: 24th Jul 2008 10:43 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Mik:

Hi guys

Is such a long time that we have gather together for a ride.  Remember the Sep ride to Pengarang in 2005.  Guess the memories still live on....

"

Yes, I just retreved out those pics taken during then. It was on 5th/6th Sept with 23 of us gone through plantations over plantations, terain over terain under the scorching sun and pouring rain :)

Oop! not forgetting our over budgeted lobster dinner and tight controlled breakfast/lunch :)

Regular Forumer
412 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Oct 2008 12:17 AM    Quote and Reply

Indeed was great memories... something i wont forget :)
I do missed everyone !

Take care and be good !

Stay as healthy n handsome as Sir Jimi

V

Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that possibly can,for you may never be able to experience it again.Everything gonna be alright..We Only live once let it be a happy one ..
Regular Forumer
357 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 28th Apr 2009 12:54 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, same old same old like previous years..

1                 This event is specially organised to inculcate a free and silent bike ride, no faster than 20 km/hr, honouring cyclists lost or injured due to accidents and promoting sharing of the road.

2.                The project concept is to promote awareness on safe cycling and being considerate to other road users. Also this project encourages individual, family and friends to participate and promote social and family cohesiveness.

3.                There will be no overtaking, speeding etc and the whole ride will not have a speed of more than 20km/hr. At any point anyone can fall out from the ride but must be done at the rear and same with joining up with the ride along the way should be done at the rear too.

4.                It’s a no talking ride with due respect to the ride proper. However, the leaders and sweepers will be equipped with walkie talkie sets which will only be use in exceptional cases, example safety issue, ride concerns. Otherwise it’s a strictly no talking ride to be adhered.

5.                Outriders from renowned Security Organisation will be engaged to control traffic condition throughout the entire ride.

6.                The event is free-of-charge and participants must be properly geared such as helmet, tail light and comply with the road safety regulations. On-the-spot registration will begin at 4.00pm and 5.00pm respectively on Saturday, 16th May 2009 at the Ayer Rajah

Community Centre, Pandan Gardens Road.

All participants will be required to wear a black armband in remembrance of the lost lives or red armband for those injured in road accidents.

7.                The event will be flagged off at about 5.00pm from Ayer Rajah Community Centre where participants will cycle via Pandan Gdns Rd, West Coast Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Keppel Rd, Anson Rd, Robinson Rd,  Shenton Way, Keppel Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd, West Coast Rd, Pandan Gdns Rd and ending at Ayer Rajah Community Centre.

C U there :-)

Regular Forumer
412 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 7th Oct 2009 3:02 PM    Quote and Reply

any alumni re-union ride?  missed those ride those days... great fond memories...

Regular Forumer
127 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 22nd Nov 2009 11:52 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by nbermind: any alumni re-union ride?  missed those ride those days... great fond memories..."

Yes, we meet on Weds 5am, Sats and Suns 6am at Jurong East Swimming Complex.

Hope to see you there.

Jimi

Regular Forumer
412 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 6th Jun 2011 7:14 AM    Quote and Reply

Hey guys are you all road/mtb riders? Any BMX riders in the group?

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Jun 2011 10:16 PM    Quote and Reply

I haven't visited togoparts for ages and first thing I did was to check if the WER thread is still alive and it is but then just realised you digged it up lol as the 2nd last post was made in nov 2009 by Jimi.

We were a mix of road and mtb riders from all walks of live, no bmx riders or at least when I joined. WER has since been defunct for years but fond memories of those morning/night group rides resurfaced as I'm typing this reply... Hope all of you, legend, mafia6, xiaobaichi, nbermind, lohjiji, Yao Jun and the rest are doing fine!

Regular Forumer
19 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 9th Jun 2011 11:47 PM    Quote and Reply

heloo,
May i know if u guys ride on fri nite ?

Freshie Forumer
6 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Jun 2011 12:08 AM    Quote and Reply

6am very early... ><

Bio-Mechanics and Psychology are big words; Slow and Ouch are not.
Regular Forumer
171 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Nov 2011 6:21 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all. I'm guessing that one of the only west side riding groups now are the Dawn Riders? Any other individuals / groups out there?

Regular Forumer
10 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings