Topic: Newbie looking for a bike to commute via GC

Posted on: 18th Mar 2019 4:20 PM    Quote and Reply

Hello! appreciate any comments and suggestions on my idea below:

Current working at Tanjong Pagar and staying at Bukit Panjang area. Planning to get a MTB to ride home 1-2times a week via Green Corridor starting at old train station and ending at Rail Mall / Junction 10..

Anyone rode this route before that can give some comments? I’m thinking to start late afternoon around 4+pm 

Looking for a MTB in range of $500 for a start. Open to 2nd hand. My height is 171cm 

TYVM in advance, please leave your thoughts/comments! 
Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 18th Mar 2019 10:52 PM    Quote and Reply

I think the green corridor is not fully opened. Some sections are closed due to water works. From junction 10 can only reach ghim moh, needing to cross Holland road indirectly.

Freshie Forumer
3 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Mar 2019 3:33 PM    Quote and Reply

IMHO if one is planning to use a MTB as an all terrain commuter in SG best option is a HardTail rather than Full Suspension cos the former is more efficient on roads/pavements/pcns as well with locked out front suspension ^^  With your height i am thinking a frame sized S-M or 15-17" via seat tube would be fine? Actually do u happen to stay near a Decathlon store? Tested the Riverside 500/900 and both felt really good (do adjust seat post height for best results) but the 900 can lock front fork and has hydraulic rather than cable/mechanical disc brakes ^^
https://www.decathlon.sg/p/8480246-112682-riverside-900-hybrid-bike.html

Regular Forumer
173 posts
Forum Rep: 29

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings