Topic: Need help bike feels slow

Posted on: 10th Dec 2014 8:50 AM    Quote and Reply

Most cyclists are not able to spin out  a 26er MTB with 42 or 44/11 gearing so putting on bigger rings is generally completely pointless and will make zero difference to your top speed. A 44T ring with an 11T sprocket will start spinning out at about 50kmph, maintaining that speed on the flat is pro tour time trial level, factoring in drag and the like from the none aero MTB riding position you would need to putting out over 700W,

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 10th Dec 2014 10:48 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Zappadeedoohdah: Most cyclists are not able to spin out  a 26er MTB with 42 or 44/11 gearing so putting on bigger rings is generally completely pointless and will make zero difference to your top speed. A 44T ring with an 11T sprocket will start spinning out at about 50kmph, maintaining that speed on the flat is pro tour time trial level, factoring in drag and the like from the none aero MTB riding position you would need to putting out over 700W,"

thank you for the info.👍 

Regular Forumer
21 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Dec 2014 11:53 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by wan130476: More energy use means more calories burned. Thats wat mainly cycling is all about, to kip fit, to burn calories. Just dont end de journey with 5 slabs of prata & sweet milked coffee/tea.. Dats the reason, cyclist end up even fatter after each cycling session.. Heeeee.... :)"

Totally agree. Since I bought this better mtb a few months ago, I jog less cycle more. But cycle is too relax compared to jogging. Cycle need longer time to burn calories cos it's relatively more relaxed compare to jog. Partly this mtbs is too good. Too smooth and easy.
So recently put on weight.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Dec 2014 12:43 PM    Quote and Reply

Cycle leisurely wont lose weight or keep fit....everytime cycle make sure ur time get shorter n shorter...which means u gettin fitter n more powerful....

Regular Forumer
139 posts
Forum Rep: 30

Singapore
Posted on: 11th Dec 2014 3:16 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Dave6969: As of now I have 3 sets of rims with wheels :
1. Maxxis hookworm 26 x 2.5.
2. Maxxis detonator 26 x 1.5.
3. Continental raceking 26 x 2.2. "

Good day friends can anyone input the best psi for each wheels for road and comfort riding
I am about 100kg . 

Regular Forumer
21 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Dec 2014 12:41 AM    Quote and Reply

At the end I went for it I got my self a full carbon road bike 😁

Regular Forumer
21 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Dec 2014 11:31 PM    Quote and Reply

In the end, the THIRST FOR SPEED wins...haha

Regular Forumer
871 posts
Forum Rep: 102

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Dec 2014 11:55 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by albatross:  In the end, the THIRST FOR SPEED wins...haha"

😁kekekeke 👍 

Regular Forumer
21 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 16th Dec 2014 12:04 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Spiderman302:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by wan130476: More energy use means more calories burned. Thats wat mainly cycling is all about, to kip fit, to burn calories. Just dont end de journey with 5 slabs of prata & sweet milked coffee/tea.. Dats the reason, cyclist end up even fatter after each cycling session.. Heeeee.... :)"

Totally agree. Since I bought this better mtb a few months ago, I jog less cycle more. But cycle is too relax compared to jogging. Cycle need longer time to burn calories cos it's relatively more relaxed compare to jog. Partly this mtbs is too good. Too smooth and easy.
So recently put on weight."
Ride a BMX. Sure burn a lot of calories.

Regular Forumer
149 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 16th Dec 2014 9:18 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Dave6969: At the end I went for it I got my self a full carbon road bike 😁"

which brand and model did you buy?

Regular Forumer
84 posts
Forum Rep: 6

Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings