Topic: Need help bike feels slow

Posted on: 23rd Nov 2014 9:44 PM    Quote and Reply

Hybrid go... Wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....................................!!!

Regular Forumer
191 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 12:19 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Dave6969: Thank you guys got my tyre changed to 26"X1.5 bike is sweet love it ."

I wonder what is the speed now?

you actually dont need to change to 1.5. 2.0 is good enough and pump the air to a bit higher psi for road riding and  bring down to 30 - 40 psi for off road moutain stuff. So that you can use both with same tire.

Life is a journey and I am just an another wanderer.
http://www.mybikesnhikes.com
Regular Forumer
525 posts
Forum Rep: 8

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 9:57 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by marius79:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by Dave6969: Thank you guys got my tyre changed to 26"X1.5 bike is sweet love it ."

I wonder what is the speed now?

you actually dont need to change to 1.5. 2.0 is good enough and pump the air to a bit higher psi for road riding and  bring down to 30 - 40 psi for off road moutain stuff. So that you can use both with same tire.

"

was looking at 2.0 but shop uncle recommend me , will try it out and switch to 2.0 if not fun😁 

Regular Forumer
21 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 10:24 AM    Quote and Reply

Ha, riding MTB on road can be very tiring for me. I tried my very ancient MTB once on the fast stretch of Changi Coast, it took me alot of energy to go at 30km/h and can hardly last 500m. Then is back to around 20km/h for the rest of the journy. And, my God is killing me to ride the 15km stretch. I had tried my velo, is better going at 25km/h, but the best bet is still my roadie, comfortable and fast and relatively need less energy to do the same job. enjoy yr riding.

Regular Forumer
245 posts
Forum Rep: 16

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 11:45 AM    Quote and Reply

More energy use means more calories burned. Thats wat mainly cycling is all about, to kip fit, to burn calories. Just dont end de journey with 5 slabs of prata & sweet milked coffee/tea.. Dats the reason, cyclist end up even fatter after each cycling session.. Heeeee....

Regular Forumer
191 posts

Singapore
Riding:
3) Demo 8
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 11:53 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by wan130476: More energy use means more calories burned. Thats wat mainly cycling is all about, to kip fit, to burn calories. Just dont end de journey with 5 slabs of prata & sweet milked coffee/tea.. Dats the reason, cyclist end up even fatter after each cycling session.. Heeeee.... :)"

Lol Thats 100% true 😄 

Regular Forumer
21 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 4:56 PM    Quote and Reply

Sorri Dave, I came in too last min. Looks like you got your problem solved. ha.
Here's my 2 cents opinion:
If you still love the MTB tire look, then try this.  Schwalbe Rocket Ron.  Or Schwalbe Racing Ralph. The 2.1 inch width will be a sweet spot. MTB look, with alot of speed. Pump up to ~ 45 psi and it will rocket thru your roads.

Regular Forumer
57 posts
Forum Rep: 9

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 7:02 PM    Quote and Reply

For me I changed my tire to Continental Sports Contact 26" x 1.35. It is the slickest tire for MTB I can find. Pump it to 80 psi and you can feel the resistance transferred to your body instead of the tires. 

Regular Forumer
343 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 7:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys just went for a 15km spin , average speed was at 18 kmh to 26kmh not pushing just Leisure ride .
Dont feel overworked like the 2.5😁 

Regular Forumer
21 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Nov 2014 7:26 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Focca: Sorri Dave, I came in too last min. Looks like you got your problem solved. ha.
Here's my 2 cents opinion:
If you still love the MTB tire look, then try this.  Schwalbe Rocket Ron.  Or Schwalbe Racing Ralph. The 2.1 inch width will be a sweet spot. MTB look, with alot of speed. Pump up to ~ 45 psi and it will rocket thru your roads."

Thanks will keep in mind 😉 

Regular Forumer
21 posts

Singapore
Login to see your Forum Rankings