Topic: How do you guys wash/maintain your bikes?

Posted on: 24th Oct 2012 2:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, just wanna  know the different techniques and methods you guys clean/maintain your bike after a trail session or even after a simple road ride  

I mix a little of dishwashing liquid with water and mix in a spray bottle. Mix it up and it kinda turn into a home made "cleaning agent" was wondering if its any good for my bike/parts (rotors, bolts, nuts..)
And of course lubing the chains

happy riding!! (: 
Regular Forumer
38 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Oct 2012 7:49 PM    Quote and Reply

1. Hose down the entire bike with low-pressure water spray.
2. Spray Dove citrus degreaser all over the bike, especially the drivetrain.
3. Scrub everything.
4. Hose down entire bike with low-pressure water spray again.
5. Once bike is dry enough, lube chain with wet lube and the rest (derailleur pivot points, etc) with wax lube.

Seems to work in cleaning up my whole bike (tiring and long process though). Only problem is that for some time afterwards my drivetrain would feel 'clunky' and loose. Anyone knows what's causing this? This was my previous drivetrain, though. I've completely upgraded my drivetrain and don't want to make the same mistakes again.

Regular Forumer
706 posts
Forum Rep: 13

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 24th Oct 2012 8:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by chiayujin: 1. Hose down the entire bike with low-pressure water spray.
2. Spray Dove citrus degreaser all over the bike, especially the drivetrain.
3. Scrub everything.
4. Hose down entire bike with low-pressure water spray again.
5. Once bike is dry enough, lube chain with wet lube and the rest (derailleur pivot points, etc) with wax lube.

Seems to work in cleaning up my whole bike (tiring and long process though). Only problem is that for some time afterwards my drivetrain would feel 'clunky' and loose. Anyone knows what's causing this? This was my previous drivetrain, though. I've completely upgraded my drivetrain and don't want to make the same mistakes again."

where can i get the dove citrius degreaser? is mixing a little dish wasking liquid plus water advisible? 

Regular Forumer
38 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 24th Oct 2012 10:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Personally I'd rather use bicycle-specific degreasers. I won't be buying Dove again, just in case it's causing the 'clunkiness' in my case. Most DIY shops should have it. I bought it from Homefix. About 6 bux for a 500ml bottle.

Regular Forumer
706 posts
Forum Rep: 13

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 9th Apr 2018 9:49 AM    Quote and Reply

Here are some tips I use during washing my bike.
1. Sprayed cleaner and degreaser on the bike
2. Leave for 5 minutes before you wash off
3. Start to clean with a brush(PS: If you have no proper brush for washing, you can go to your kitchen and grab a dish scrubber as an alternative)
4. Rinse again and then ensure the bike is completely dry 
5. Never leave your chain untreated after a wash, give it a good lube

Freshie Forumer
4 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Apr 2018 1:58 AM    Quote and Reply

Nice tips. I always use Juice Lubes after cleaning 

Freshie Forumer
3 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Apr 2018 5:48 AM    Quote and Reply

Mostlyi try some branded wax and try not to stand the bike under direct sun, my team  

Epson Technical Support we should try to take utmost possible care of our things

Technology can be a thing of beauty when all systems are good. But when hardware or software do not perform, delays are costly and frustrating. Our team is offering simple and easy solution to all problems related to printers
Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Posted on: 19th Apr 2018 5:17 PM    Quote and Reply

Washing your bike after a ride also prolongs the life of your frame and components, while also making sure that it is at dialed for your next ride

google gmail login guide
Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Login to see your Forum Rankings