Topic: Hope Brakes

Posted on: 13th Mar 2008 3:58 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi guys. I saw quite a number of people using HOPE brake products. Any comments about them? Whats the average price?

Regular Forumer
239 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Mar 2008 4:47 PM    Quote and Reply

$800 and above

a i678.photobucket.com link target="linkedImage">

Senior Forumer
962 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 13th Mar 2008 4:49 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by MtDtEcH: $800 and above
"

Ya, they are very expensive.

Regular Forumer
124 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Mar 2008 5:20 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by limeade:

Quote:
"Formerly posted by MtDtEcH: $800 and above
"

Ya, they are very expensive.

"

Wah. Like that buy Magura better. Lol. But hmm. Between Magura and HOPE, which is better? 

Regular Forumer
239 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Mar 2008 6:58 PM    Quote and Reply

I bought a set of Hope Mono Minis for about $600 more than 3 years ago, later upgraded it with Goodridge braided hoses at $150. I found it perfect for XC applications. Very reliable and powerful.

I have had problems with the original return springs failing to spread the calipers after 2+ years and many kilometers of braking, but that is easily replaced.

AR

Lor Sor Forumer
284 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 13th Mar 2008 10:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Go for HOPEs.. they are much better den magura i feel.. magura gives me the feeling of always having to rebleed and or change pistons, like Hayes.. well maybe i suay, buy the spoiled set.. but trust me, u would definately like Hope alot.. some say hope = hopeless.. but haha, its real good. Mono Mini will do.. those 4pods/6pods, don`t even think about it.. HOPE it helps! hahaha

Senior Forumer
962 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Mar 2008 2:12 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by MtDtEcH: Go for HOPEs.. they are much better den magura i feel.. magura gives me the feeling of always having to rebleed and or change pistons, like Hayes.. well maybe i suay, buy the spoiled set.. but trust me, u would definately like Hope alot.. some say hope = hopeless.. but haha, its real good. Mono Mini will do.. those 4pods/6pods, don`t even think about it.. HOPE it helps! hahaha
"

Icic. But will i still get the price now? LOL. I mean, now everything price also go up.

I feel like trying HOPE in the future. =D I ride XC, so maybe Mono MIni will do. But it will be a long way away. Now going start poly soon , no money liao hahaha.

Regular Forumer
239 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 14th Mar 2008 7:15 AM    Quote and Reply

nop.. i don`t think u`ll get the $600 price again.. everything go up. but the thing is USD dropped. so i don`t understand how come the price jack up.. haha. n oh, i heard that the martal sl red colour, i don`t know which year, that was good.. but hmm, no more maguras for me.. i`ll stick to XT.. hahaha.. cheap and happy.. just wack in a goodridge cables, hope rotors? yup, it`ll do the job pretty much.. :D

Senior Forumer
962 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Mar 2008 9:14 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by MtDtEcH:

.. those 4pods/6pods, don`t even think about it..
"

You sure?     

Lor Sor Forumer
376 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Mar 2008 12:02 PM    Quote and Reply

is there a need for 4/6pod in s`pore.

Senior Forumer
962 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Mar 2008 12:41 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by MtDtEcH: is there a need for 4/6pod in s`pore.
"

why not? Ppl can have it for the need to be bling

Regular Forumer
676 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Login to see your Forum Rankings