Subject: Endurace x Roubaix x Domane x Synapse

About Road - Road, Triathlon, TT, Cyclocross Bikes Forum:
Road Bikes - TT, Cyclo-Cross, Tri, Racers, Di2s, 700cc, Carbon wheels and drop-bars. Here's where you can talk about all things Road Bikes & Parts
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Endurace x Roubaix x Domane x Synapse

Posted on: 10th Oct 2018 1:33 PM    Quote and Reply

I own an Endurace CF SLX, and had also tested the Roubaix Comp on a 30km ride.

Prefer the Endurace for the "sleek" look (integrated cockpit, etc).
The Roubaix is arguably more comfortable especially over harsh surfaces.

Canyon is better specced for similar price. You'd likely get Ultegra for same price as Roubaix w mainly 105 parts.

Servicing etc for Canyon hasn't been an issue. Nothing which is so proprietary that it can't be repaired or replaced.

Hope that helps.

Regular Forumer
286 posts
Forum Rep: 34

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 11th Sep 2018 9:24 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by werner: Hi guys, 

Have sortlisted the above for my next bike. Currently riding a a 2008 Allez, so expecting a big upgrade!   

Hard to choose and am yet to go do a new bike fitting and ride them, but also considering other criteria and am hoping someone can share his/her experience on the following topics

- Comfort: is the Roubaix easier on the shoulders or not significantly? (my rotator cuff on right shoulder is messed up)
- Support: Canyon doesn't have distributor here, wonder whether this is a problem for maintenance 
- Overall durability: wonder whether the roubaix's future show  and domane isospeed are prone to breadowns. 
- Overall riding experience: Any comments good or bad on the options above? 

Maybe this helps: I plan to spend up to SGD$5k on my next bike, not considering Di2 components, ride about 100-150km a week, mostly road and PCN. Am on the "tall" side, but also on "heavy" side (low 3 digits, but getting fitter :-) 

Thanks in advance!"

Check out some bikes from the Star Merchants here in Togoparts , I have a reason to believe that they seem to be the one tat you are looking for. Specially rodalink, there are ongoing promotions at the moment, which is a very good deal for you and will definitely be an upgrade! 

'Togoparts Challenge Cheerleader'
96 posts
Forum Rep: 20

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Riding:
1) Test
Posted on: 10th Sep 2018 3:38 PM        

Hi guys, 

Have sortlisted the above for my next bike. Currently riding a a 2008 Allez, so expecting a big upgrade!   

Hard to choose and am yet to go do a new bike fitting and ride them, but also considering other criteria and am hoping someone can share his/her experience on the following topics

- Comfort: is the Roubaix easier on the shoulders or not significantly? (my rotator cuff on right shoulder is messed up)
- Support: Canyon doesn't have distributor here, wonder whether this is a problem for maintenance 
- Overall durability: wonder whether the roubaix's future show  and domane isospeed are prone to breadowns. 
- Overall riding experience: Any comments good or bad on the options above? 

Maybe this helps: I plan to spend up to SGD$5k on my next bike, not considering Di2 components, ride about 100-150km a week, mostly road and PCN. Am on the "tall" side, but also on "heavy" side (low 3 digits, but getting fitter :-) 

Thanks in advance!
werner
10th Sep 2018
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings