Subject: Cyling from Pengarang to desaru

About Malaysian and Overseas Rides Forum:
Ride hook-ups meeting and riding in Malaysia and other countries outside of Singapore..
Ride hook-ups meeting and riding in Malaysia and other countries outside of Singapore..
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Cyling from Pengarang to desaru

Posted on: 27th Aug 2019 8:18 PM    Quote and Reply

How was it?

Regular Forumer
11 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 23rd Aug 2019 7:23 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by akg77: I went last sept. Beginning has a new road going around the area. Nice smooth surface but no shades (in fact most of msia road). Almost no cars when I went on a Sat. Turning back down to Sungei Rengit then will see more vehicles and contruction. From there to Desaru can consider light traffic."

That was encouraging to read. After 4 years I am returning to bike this area on 24 August 2019. I will try to post a summary of how it went... stay tuned.

The Green Corridor Rail Trail

USER GUIDE (updated 27 June 2016) AT THIS LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zm-k4-KgqwoA.k9gUwceJLAk8
Regular Forumer
404 posts
Forum Rep: 14

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 20th Feb 2018 8:37 PM    Quote and Reply

From google map you can see. Take route 90 up until you reach to the end where it meets route 92 which is the Pengerang -Kota Tinggi road. From there I guess you can decide where to go. Either up to Desaru but with heavier traffic, or down to Sg Rengit then continue the old route 90 where it's longer but lesser traffic.

Regular Forumer
96 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Feb 2018 2:19 PM    Quote and Reply

Thanks for the reply - I have been trying on google maps to route to Sungei Rengit along the south from Pengarang and it seems to think that there is no through route, for a car anyway.

Which road would you use to get to Sungei Rengit these days?

Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 20th Feb 2018 2:06 PM    Quote and Reply

I went last sept. Beginning has a new road going around the area. Nice smooth surface but no shades (in fact most of msia road). Almost no cars when I went on a Sat. Turning back down to Sungei Rengit then will see more vehicles and contruction. From there to Desaru can consider light traffic.

Regular Forumer
96 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Aug 2014 7:44 AM        

Has anyone cycled from pengarang to desaru recently using the coastal route? would be great if you can give some insight abt the construction going on there

hollowsiva
10th May 2014
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings