Subject: Tanjungpinang (Bintan Island)

About Malaysian and Overseas Rides Forum:
Ride hook-ups meeting and riding in Malaysia and other countries outside of Singapore..
Ride hook-ups meeting and riding in Malaysia and other countries outside of Singapore..
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Tanjungpinang (Bintan Island)

Posted on: 7th Sep 2017 10:01 AM    Quote and Reply

I've done it solo as well as with a group of riders.

It is easily done solo nowadays as many stalls/villages have spouted up along the route over the years.
So usually no lack of stalls to buy tidbits/drinks to keep going.

As for the route, you just need to get hold of the Tour de Bintan one or find one on Strava.
From than on, you can modify the route accordingly.

Accomodation will likely be along Trikora beach, unless you want to get accomodation at Tanjung Pinang or the Resort area to the North.

For supported rides, just get the car from Indorent (car booking service) which is at the ferry terminal (Bintan Side).
They have bike racks if necessary (no additional charges).

Regular Forumer
91 posts
Forum Rep: 17

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 6th Sep 2017 11:53 AM    Quote and Reply

Been there 3 times, hire a car with driver from Indorent, dump all the supplies in there and you just go.

Can request for a bikerack to come with the car so that anyone who prefer a ride on the support car can put his bike on it.

The 140km classic TdB route is good, you can stop over after the red rollers along the beach for a coocnut break.

Regular Forumer
91 posts
Forum Rep: 10

Posted on: 6th Sep 2017 11:12 AM    Quote and Reply

Found this (old) thread whilst trawling the forum for info on cycling in Bintan :)

It's been some years since the last post. Was wondering if anyone can share their experience of a recent cycling trip to Bintan ? Hoping to get some ideas on routes, rest/meal stops and water points, etc.

Considering a 2D1N stay. Group size about 8-10 ppl riding road bikes n hybrids.

Regular Forumer
286 posts
Forum Rep: 34

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 7th Jun 2014 12:39 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by tongcs:

haha, wit me... u wont get lost this time.. lols "

Getting lost whilst exploring is the most important part of it; no fun at all if you know where you are going... just make sure that you have water, food and a hammock so it is not uncomfortable when it happens

Regular Forumer
2,625 posts
Forum Rep: 234

Posted on: 6th Jun 2014 4:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Guys, i got 1 ppl ready to join

if u guys want to join

whatsapp me +6281991237554

then we plan 

Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 31st May 2014 11:17 AM        

hi guys,

got anyone want to ride in Tanjungpinang to Trikora Beach?? prefer weekend... With Detail :

1. Morning or afternoon ride
2. 2D 1N (option : stay at Trikora Beach Resort or ride back to Tanjungpinang Hotel)
3. Distance : total 72km++, we take rest at 20km and 36km (resort or seafood restaurant)
4. facilities : i can standby inner tube and pump for emergency
5. Eat? noproblem, i hav some seafood lobang also foodstreet

About hotel rate i have to check with my friend... hope this ride is more than 4 ppl include me

got question?? feel free to ask me by reply or send me a PM

tongcs Portrait Uploaded
28th Aug 2013
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings