Subject: Notice: Chit-Chat Forums needs more "Crap!" (aka controversial, political, fun stuff)

About Chit Chat, Talk Kok, Sing a Song Forum:
A place for like-minded togoparts folks to hangout. Everything under the sun goes here. Think of it as a bar!
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Notice: Chit-Chat Forums needs more "Crap!" (aka controversial, political, fun stuff)

Posted on: 7th Jul 2015 10:04 AM    Quote and Reply

GRC another subliminal way to lure votes. Secret acronym actually means "Give Rewards to Cyclists". Only civil servants of specific agencies are informed of this, and sworn to secrecy. That is why Tampines became the first Singapore Bicycle City. Now Pasir Ris, also near Aljunied, just got a bike path network.

Despite all the harrasment against bicyclists in the press and social media, the government focused a huge amount of money to provide better bike parking facilities, supported by a local bank:

Do not tell anyone. 

The Green Corridor Rail Trail

USER GUIDE (updated 27 June 2016) AT THIS LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zm-k4-KgqwoA.k9gUwceJLAk8
Regular Forumer
410 posts
Forum Rep: 15

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 18th May 2015 7:13 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by zishin: Ok, it's been quite some time I've been checking in here, and to my horror, Chit-chat looks like a lawyer bike courtroom! so I invite our regulars to post controversial, political, funny, weird, intriguing topics here and leave all bike topics to the other forums!
"
Some of us may have the feeling that the GRCs were introduced to protect the ruling party from more serious competition during GE. So far so good, until lost Aljunied. Looks like the "Great Wall" got penetrated? Kindly share your observations. Many thanks.

Regular Forumer
6,120 posts
Forum Rep: 36

Singapore
Posted on: 14th Mar 2015 2:51 AM    Quote and Reply

Damn right about this.

Quote:
"Formerly posted by Zappadeedoohdah: Times change I'll bet half of your old birds are up to the hilt in debt and too worried about PSLE results and car and HDB payments to be controversial. I vaugely remember Togo from when I was around in SG in the early 2000's even had a username but can't recall what it was. Yeah it was pretty amusing at times but I would hardly call it educational.

Just go on Stomp and Flame away - the same shit still goes on - there are also a hell of a lot of FB, Instagram and tumblr pages where you can get the popcorn out and shit stir all day. Nowadays social media has taken over from special interest chat forums as the tool of choice for talking cock. Hardly surprising that the people who find themselves here want to talk about bikes and are not using it in the same way as previously.  12 years ago everyone knew each other, cycled together so it was more like a big facebook group. TGP has gone mainstream, same as cycling, it's called progress I suppose - keep looking back at the past with rose tinted specs and fond memories.

Also back then no one got sued, there weren't cyberbullying epidemics splatted all over the press, Governments had no clue how to enforce their usual Policy of protecting us from ourselves with regard to internet communication, and you could pretty much post whatever libilous and bilious crap you wanted with complete impunity. Nowadays the lawyers or Government could be all over you in a heartbeat. I was working in the UK for most of the dotcom bubble period of the late nineties / early 2000' and some of the shit that went on in chat forums was unbelievable, I remember there being a chatroom for Nazi Cyclists and Bikers!! Who wanted to kick all the Blacks, Indians and Jews out of England - no way it would be tolerated today anywhere not just Singapore."

Regular Forumer
113 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 6th Dec 2014 3:35 AM    Quote and Reply

Perhaps too many 'retired' from this forum already. Blame the stop at two policy?
Based on where I am working, its the culture of the people.
Many kids (kintergarden to secondary school) cycle/scoot to school regularly). The live in landed properties. Most of us are highrise dwellers so less likely to be so keen.

Regular Forumer
6,120 posts
Forum Rep: 36

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Dec 2014 3:36 PM    Quote and Reply

Crankster, we can still bring back the chat if there's enough demand for the service! some technologies have matured enough to do so without too much trouble.

I think it's the lack of sharing "spirit" that we singaporeans have when it comes to giving (patiently) advice. Frequently asked questions may come up, perhaps we could have a forum just for FAQs or to sticky them.

блиндирани врати врати метални врати метални пощенски кутии метални решетки решетки
Freshie Forumer
2 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 5th Nov 2011 4:28 PM        

Ok, it's been quite some time I've been checking in here, and to my horror, Chit-chat looks like a lawyer bike courtroom! so I invite our regulars to post controversial, political, funny, weird, intriguing topics here and leave all bike topics to the other forums!

Drivers: Look out for cyclists on the roads. Cyclists: Ride Safe.
zishin Portrait Uploaded
'Togoparts Team'
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings