Subject: road bike sizing

About Road - Road, Triathlon, TT, Cyclocross Bikes Forum:
Road Bikes - TT, Cyclo-Cross, Tri, Racers, Di2s, 700cc, Carbon wheels and drop-bars. Here's where you can talk about all things Road Bikes & Parts
You are not logged-in, Please Login

road bike sizing

Posted on: 22nd Jul 2019 12:32 PM    Quote and Reply

Despite all the charts and calculations, we still need to road test the bicycle for bike fit. Not all manufacturers are updated on their own bike fit charts, and there are this women specific bike sizing to look out. Then there are: competition, leisure, utility, usage based geometry. Nothing beats test-cycling the bicycle yourself.

Regular Forumer
6,187 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 19th Apr 2018 10:31 AM    Quote and Reply

fitting a road bike is quite tough because of all the geometry, arm length knee length

run 3 unblocked, 192.168.0.1 gateway
Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 28th Mar 2018 9:18 PM    Quote and Reply

http://thebicyclesguide.com/road-bike-reviews/ here is very simple and most accurate chart to find the right bike size, i hope it will help... Thanks

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

United States
Posted on: 31st Jul 2011 11:54 PM    Quote and Reply

At 1.6m, and a 73cm inseam ( which means you've got long legs and a short torso), you're probably looking at a bike with an 'effective top-tube length' of less than 52cm. Probably 51.5cm if 700C wheels is what you're getting. As that's about the limit of how small a 700c wheeled frame will go without too many issues.

Seat-tube C-to-C height is not an issue as most bikes with such a size will be at the most 48cm for 'standard' horizontal top-tube frames.  But 'compact' geometry will work better. 

As for 'economical' it really depends on what's your budget. A $800-$1000 complete road bike is totally possible. Just whether you can get one in your size.

Try dropping by Rodalink and enquire about their Helios 200 or 300 bikes. They do have it in sizes that will fit you. That is 46 and 48. And should come in around the price range or less. 

Lor Sor Forumer
523 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Posted on: 31st Jul 2011 7:53 AM    Quote and Reply

That is most likely an incorrect/improper bike fit. I believe most ladies of that height would find size 50 a threshold size to struggle with. I suggest you do some more research in internet, or go to another bike shop for bike fitting.

Regular Forumer
6,187 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Jul 2011 7:08 PM        

hi all!

I am thinking of getting my first roadie, but was thinking of getting it online ( because it appears to be significantly cheaper then those in the shops)

But I am not too sure about what size bike should I get, I am 160 with an inseam of 73 cm

also because I am a girl, I have no idea whether to get a small men's bike or to get a female's bike

Help!
iceternity
22nd Feb 2010
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings