Subject: 1000 km Ride to Thailand

About Announcements & Useful Information Forum:
Have something important for cycling folks should know about? Getting hitched? Announce them here!
You are not logged-in, Please Login

1000 km Ride to Thailand

Posted on: 10th Nov 2010 8:19 PM    Quote and Reply

trip blog up yet? with some pics?

I <3 Coffee!

Regular Forumer
2,412 posts
Forum Rep: 1

Philippines
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Nov 2010 6:48 PM    Quote and Reply

Read somewhere a lady cyclist was attacked during the recent Tour de Bintan. Do take precautions against such events

Regular Forumer
6,193 posts
Forum Rep: 42

Singapore
Posted on: 10th Nov 2010 2:42 PM    Quote and Reply

Hi all, 

we are back in Singapore this morning. The trip is not as tough as we had expected. After 3 days, the ass hurts big time! Abrasion. After the rolling hills of Kota Tinggi to Mersing up to Kuala Rompin, the rest of the way is basically FLAT. The only resistance, being the very strong NE monsoon and the draught of the big truck. The boredom of making your way through KMs of flats is excrusciating however, meeting lots of nice people through the journey and lots of food of course makes it bearable. Even on our very last day in Tak Ba, Thailand, we met a couple who owns a saddlery and treated us to a good bowl of mee, such genriosity! Travelling by bike is not difficult, we will post pictures soon.

Anyone game to join a ALL WOMENS TEAM?  

Thanks!  

Regular Forumer
46 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 29th Oct 2010 8:08 PM    Quote and Reply

Have a god ride bro!

Remember to update us your adventure if you have the chance to access Internet. Better still, post some photos.

Be safe, good luck :) 

http://mytwowheelers.blogspot.com/
Regular Forumer
176 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 29th Oct 2010 7:51 PM    Quote and Reply

Dear all,

we will be leaving Singapore via Changi Checkpoint tomorrow morning at 7am. We will be on the 1st bumboat to get out of Singapore. See ya.

Regular Forumer
46 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 18th Oct 2010 5:53 PM        

Hi, I'm embarking on a ride to Thailand from 1st Nov. Its probably gonna be a 10 days ride very free and easy. Will leave Singapore via Changi point to Penggarang and start the journey from there. I'll ride along the coast and sleep by the beach, hotel, or whatever that comes around. Coming back via Kota Bahru via Coach. If anyone keen to embark on this journey, part of or in full, pls PM me. 

Cheers! 
Adventurer
3rd Mar 2006
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings