Subject: Cycle up via 2nd Link - Why cannot ?

About Old & New Members Introduction Forum:
New or not-so new to togoparts.com? Give a shout out here and let the rest of the community welcome you!
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Cycle up via 2nd Link - Why cannot ?

Posted on: 23rd Sep 2015 10:57 AM    Quote and Reply

You cannot cross second link by bicycle.  Period.

Crossing at the Causeway is easier than you think.  There are several videos on YouTube that show you how.  Go from Woodlands Ave 3 near Kranji MRT to Woodlands Rd.  Turn left at Woodlands Crossing and go up the ramp.  As soon as you can, hop over the low barrier into the motorcycle lane - if you go too far, there is a fence that is harder to cross. 

Regular Forumer
70 posts
Forum Rep: 7

Singapore
Posted on: 22nd Sep 2015 11:09 PM    Quote and Reply

so..cannot cycling from tuas to jb custom?
 then can i across from woodland centre custom, to jb ?

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Malaysia
Posted on: 5th Oct 2009 11:59 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by SG:
Never cycled in the KPE... but have ridden my motorbike in it. The ventilation is bad."

Certain sections are pretty uneven...  think the road wasn't 'graded' properly or enough before they tarred it.  If not for the 70kmh speed limit, it can actually be quite nauseating at higher speeds.  Though that's not what the 70kmh speed limit was originally designed for.. .hahahaha,

Regular Forumer
1,719 posts
Forum Rep: 3

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 5th Oct 2009 9:22 PM    Quote and Reply

KPE is off limits to cyclists because its an expressway, just like ECP, PIE, CTE etc.

Regular Forumer
13 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 4th Oct 2009 4:34 AM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by sabaisabai: Hi SG, have you cycled through the KPE?  I wanted to, and was wondering whether they allowed cycling during the open day.  Unfortunately I was out of town during that time.  I've cycled alond the KPE from the TPE to Tampines Road, during the last stages of construction before opening."

Never cycled in the KPE... but have ridden my motorbike in it. The ventilation is bad.

Senior Forumer
561 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 19th Aug 2009 10:25 PM        

Hi,

I've checked with the ICA and thay said, "cannot cycle to Malaysia via 2nd Link".

Does anyone have similar experience with authority's inflexibility ?

How can we / togoparts / the bicycling community Lobby for a change.

singapore is soooo small,...running out of places to cycle.

Thanks

ong
searth63
19th Aug 2009
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings