Subject: Vintage Bicycle Group?

About Announcements & Useful Information Forum:
Have something important for cycling folks should know about? Getting hitched? Announce them here!
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Vintage Bicycle Group?

Posted on: 1st Jan 2018 4:46 PM    Quote and Reply

I want to buy one vintage bicycle for me .That is I am planning.

Regular Forumer
18 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 9th Sep 2017 8:16 PM    Quote and Reply

hi guys, i am just wondering where can i get an raleigh sports gents 3 speed hub brake for around 300 dollars ???

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 28th May 2017 7:07 PM    Quote and Reply

hi....anyone collecting vintage/classic mtb? Care to share pics?

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart"
Regular Forumer
224 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) flag
Posted on: 28th May 2017 7:05 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by digisexx:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by 12inchtoys:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by digisexx:
Quote:
"Formerly posted by 12inchtoys:
Finally, my NOS Kuwahara Apollo is assembled and ready to tear the dirt track! :P
Feels like a kid again."

I remembered the brake lever, it has finger profile.  BMX became popular after ET movie. 

In those days in the 80s, kuwahara is the expensive brand.  I own a MT Sports from Taiwan instead, one of the lower range.  The high end ones were Leopard and Dragon.  These brands have gone into extinction."

Yes, finger profile...

"

This is a gem, almost 30 years ago.  Mine is long gone and have turned to scrap metal by now.  How on earth can you find bikes still around after 30 years ?  If I can find a few and recon, I would be very rich selling them, if there are buyers.

It brings back fond memories for me though, I was just a kid when I envy the finger profile brake lever and dia compe brakes.  They are expensive in those days but mine was just some low end ones.  BMX in those days are crazy, every kid just wish to own one to do stunts like scramble and brake skidding in circles.  My bike was a MT Sport costing $190, equivalent to about $800 now.  I have BMX to thank for my love in cycling.  This bug stays with you for a lifetime.
"

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart"
Regular Forumer
224 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) flag
Posted on: 4th Dec 2014 6:43 PM    Quote and Reply

I am looking for a pair of mud guard for my retrofit trek bike 
It is racer frame. Can anybody provide some info/or source?
As I want to keep my leather saddle from 'unwelcome' dirt. 

Freshie Forumer
2 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 27th Feb 2009 3:55 PM        

Hi, I'm new to collecting/riding vintage bicycles and was hoping to find ppl with the similar interest. Is there such a group in SG? To start it off, I owned a 1950s Raleigh Sports. Still in the mist of restoration. Anyone else?

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart"
12inchtoys Portrait Uploaded
30th Jan 2009
1)flag
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings