Subject: Best wheel truing shop/mechanic? In need.

About Singapore Bike Shops Forum:
Where do I find what? How much is this? Talk about your favourite Local Bike Shops and what they sell!
You may also find out the latest stuff that LBS have to sell at the Togoparts Marketplace or under the New Bikes section
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Best wheel truing shop/mechanic? In need.

Posted on: 16th Sep 2018 11:12 PM    Quote and Reply

Wheel truing is an easy process n i am doing it for free

Regular Forumer
67 posts
Forum Rep: 10

Riding:
Posted on: 11th Sep 2018 5:59 PM    Quote and Reply

You might wanna check Built Wheels! They're one of the newest wheel mechanic in the industry, but they are super competitive. Plus Dalbert is very keen to give you discounts.

'Togoparts Challenge Cheerleader'
100 posts
Forum Rep: 21

Forum Moderator
Singapore
Riding:
1) Test
Posted on: 11th Sep 2018 1:31 PM    Quote and Reply

Lucky I came across this thread and found Peter @ Concept Wheels!  He's just rebuilt my CK ZTR Flow after a smash at the weekend.  Fast turnaround and fantastic service!  Really nice guy too!

Awesome!

Freshie Forumer
1 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Nov 2017 2:13 AM    Quote and Reply

Thumb up for Peter, he did an awesome job, change spoke for both my wheelset, he is very skillful and friendly after he change my speech Kenny and tune my wheel the ride is so. Much more smooth. 

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Posted on: 17th Mar 2017 10:11 PM    Quote and Reply

Peter is a champion wheel builder, I have had him tune all of my wheels and he really gets new life into them. I just got him to build a new set for me with Onyx Hubs.

After I go back to Australia I am trying to work out how I can bring my wheels back to SG for him to work on.

Wheels are something you are putting all your weight on (70+kg including bike) traveling 30-50km/h you want to go with someone you trust + trust there skills as your life is in their hands.

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Merckx
Posted on: 5th Feb 2013 2:50 AM        

I am wondering if there are any bike shop that are better known for their wheel truing or have a speciality in this area. Preferably closer to central and not at extreme ends of Singapore. I would like to know where I can get the best quality of wheel truing here in SG. 

Or can I make the presumption that they would all be roughly the same? And what's the average pricing for wheel truing?

(FYI I did go into a slight drain on my road bike and front wheel's went off true. Went to a LBS. Wheel is better now but I am thinking if there's another shop which can further improve on the truing)
Thank you.  
spikehead9
29th May 2012
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings