Subject: Bike box in budget airline

About Road - Road, Triathlon, TT, Cyclocross Bikes Forum:
Road Bikes - TT, Cyclo-Cross, Tri, Racers, Di2s, 700cc, Carbon wheels and drop-bars. Here's where you can talk about all things Road Bikes & Parts
You are not logged-in, Please Login

Bike box in budget airline

Posted on: 21st Mar 2019 9:03 PM    Quote and Reply

Quote:
"Formerly posted by lubiealpaki: Realmadridist, how was your overall experience with transporting bike with Scoot? I'm experiencing same problem as you (they say a bike cannot excess total 158cm dimensions, which is just ridiculous). How did you solve this problem?"

Remove the wheels

Freshie Forumer
6 posts
Forum Rep: 0

Posted on: 19th Mar 2019 5:23 PM    Quote and Reply

Realmadridist, how was your overall experience with transporting bike with Scoot? I'm experiencing same problem as you (they say a bike cannot excess total 158cm dimensions, which is just ridiculous). How did you solve this problem?

Freshie Forumer
1 posts

Poland
Posted on: 7th Nov 2014 3:30 PM    Quote and Reply

just any bike box at lbs

Regular Forumer
98 posts

Singapore
Riding:
1) Focus
Posted on: 7th Nov 2014 3:09 PM    Quote and Reply

Where can I buy the bike carrier box to put bike inside for check in or the airline will provide?

Freshie Forumer
8 posts

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 10th Jun 2013 8:25 PM    Quote and Reply

Hmm. What about air shocks then? do they check? 

I'm just here to tone my belly
Regular Forumer
741 posts
Forum Rep: 2

Singapore
Riding:
Posted on: 3rd Jun 2013 12:24 PM        

Hi people..

Has anyone tried travelling overseas in budget airline with your road bike in bike box  ?

I had called the airline, however they said the baggage is too big(length: 126cm, height: 77cm, depth: 22cm) and they might not accept the baggage to even board the plane. The staff over the phone, suggested to spilt the bike into 2 boxes. However, that is not economical for me.

Does anyone has similar experience and would like to share ? Your help would be greatly appreciated. =]

realmadridist
1st Aug 2010
1)Focus
Show earlier posts
Login to see your Forum Rankings